Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text and special characters are not copied properly

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I have encountered an ussie with copying text from a PDF file using Adobe Acrobat (paid version) on the MAC OS. The text should be copied with diacritics, in the Czech language as is used in the file.  How should I proceed?

Without formatting:

situaci, tim prizpusobivejsf pozdeji V zivote bude. Je-li zakladnl trenink zahcijen v tomto ranem obdobl, nasledujid nciroCnejSl yYcvik bude mene obtizny.

With formatting:

situaci, tim prizpusobivejsi pozdeji V zivote bude. Je-li zakladni trenink zahajen v tomto ranem obdobi, nasledt1jici narocnejsi yYcvik bude mene obtizny.

What I need:

situací, tím přizpůsobivější později v životě bude. Je-li základní trénink zahájen v tomto brzkém období (...)

Thanks.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Print and prepress , Scan documents and OCR , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Martin28874240f9zj 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

It looks like the font issue. You can work with Adobe PDF files that contain Cyrillic text (including Bulgarian and Russian), Central European text, and Eastern European text (including Czech, Hungarian, and Polish) if the fonts are embedded in the PDF files. If the fonts are embedded, you can view and print the files on any system. Fonts do not need to be embedded to use the Search feature.

Note: If you open a PDF file in which form fields or text boxes contain these languages but the fonts are not embedded and are not installed on your system, choosing Help > Check For Updates Now automatically prompts you to download and install the necessary fonts.

For more information, please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/asian-cyrillic-right-to-left.html

Regards

Amal

Marking a reply or response “Correct” will help future users with the same issue quickly identify the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Amal,

thanks for your response, but I'm still encountering the same issue. I'm enclosing an image of the fonts. They are embedded. How I should further proceed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines