• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Box font color in Acrobat X Pro

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2011 Dec 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am struggling to figure out how to change the default christmas red font color in text boxes to a more readable color. There doesn't seem to be a way to change the font at all in the text boxes in Acrobat X Pro. I have done this (changed font color, font type, font size, etc) in text boxes without any problems in Acrobat 9.x Pro, so I know Adobe knows that has been a feature of Acrobat before.

Some people are red-color blind and can not see bright red text.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Hi,

We have released an update today that fixes the Properties Toolbar issue and you can now continue to use it outside the Commenting app as well. Please open Acrobat or Reader DC and visit Help > Check for updates to make sure you are on the latest patch.

Details about the release: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/acrobat-dc-august-02-2016.html

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Thanks YHB_Bobby!!! The only thing I had to do different was in Step 7 - I had to click "More. . ." to see the "Make Properties Default".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This absolutely works! I have the directions written down and stuck right on my monitor. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2012 Mar 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These solutions are great and all to change the font and colour of text you are GOING to input, but what about changes the hundreds of comments and text boxes ALREADY input.

If I want to make even a single universal text change, I have to go and manually edit every text box?

Seriously...............

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2012 Mar 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I know what you are asking here.  I too struggled on creating text boxes in Acrobat X versus that of previous versions.  To create legacy text boxes similar to previous versions, you first have to turn your file into a form. Go to Tools->Forms->Create.  Select use existing file if, of course, you have it open already, or open the appropriate file.  The results may note that no fields/forms were detected, but that's okay.  Now you will be able to select from the "Add New Field" drop down menu, and this is where you can choose "Text Field".  this is the tool that was so easily selected in previous versions of Acrobat, but now has to be done so in "Form" creation.  After creating the box you will be able to right click and adjust the properties, etc....

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2012 Mar 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone able to guide me on my previous inquiry?

How can I change the text colour and size of of  Text Boxes without manuallyselecting, highlighting and CTRL-E changing each one?

I litterally have hundreds of these in my documents and manually adjusting them is inconceivable. It boggles my mind that there is no ability to select them all and change the propeties once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tag11, this is the answer to your question. There is no direct menthod to change the text size color of all the textboxes. However, you can select them together from Comment ->Comment List and then right click-> properties to change the border color etc. But there is no options to change the text size this way. If it is really important for you, try this (Although, its little bit tricky).

(Steps may vary for different versions) I am considering Acrobat X here.

Go to Comment->Comment List

Export All to Data File

Select XFDF format from the drop down

Now open this XFDF in any xml editing application. You can use notepad but it won't be easy to read the code in there. There are many free applications available online to read XML code. If you want to use Adobe's you have Dreamweaver (but that is paid).

Now you can modify the properties of the comments collectively

Find this:
style="font-size:10.0pt;  (Use Ctrl+F and select find and replace option)

Change the font-size to whatever you want.

Save the xfdf

Remove comments from the origional file (I am sure you are working on a copy of that)

Click on Comment->Comment List and import data file

Import the data file saved in previous steps. You would have your changes now.

This can be used if you have large data with you. You are welcomed to fill up the "Feature Request Form (Wish Form)" https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

~SandeepV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a text box

1. Choose Comment > Drawing Markups > Add Text Box  .
  2. Click in the PDF.
  3. Choose View > Show/Hide > Toolbar Items  > Properties Bar, and set the color, alignment, and font attributes for the text.
  4. Type the text.  Text wraps automatically when it reaches the right edge of the box.
  5. (Optional) To make further changes to the text box:
    • Using the Select tool or the Text Box tool, click an edge of the text box to select it, and then drag a corner to resize it. Use the Properties toolbar to change the border and fill options.
    • Double-click the text box to edit the text or change the text attributes. Drag across text to select it, and then select options from the Properties toolbar. 
  6. To delete the text box, select it, and then press Delete.
    You can also paste a block of text by selecting and copying the text in any application, selecting the Hand tool in Acrobat, and choosing Edit > Paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Even I am encountering the same problem. I could change the properties of textbox but I couldnot be able to change the Text Size color of the text boxes.

I tried all  above possible ways but couldnot figure it out.

Ctrl+ E gives option to change the color of the text box temporarily. But I have so many text boxes in my document. Is there any way to  select them all and change the propeties once and make them default throughout all documents?

Please help me out. I really need to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2014 Dec 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Only 2hrs of internet work to find this. F@#$$ Adobe !!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sandeep,

Many of us have already submitted numerous requests via the 'Feature Request Form' and through the forums.  It has been over half a year and none of the Adobe Acrobat X Standard or Adobe Acrobat X Pro patches have contained dockable toolbars (typewriter, Text Box, Find, etc.).  This has been a VITAL function of Acrobat in the past; it saves novice and power users alike many hours of clicking and going through steps that shouldn't need to be performed.  If a multiple property edit function is not being planned for the future, how about at least re-implementing dockable functions again, like in Acrobat 9?

Regards,

IT Helper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too can only change the colour and size of the box itself - not the text!!!!!!!! I can use the typewriter with whatever font I want, but I need to write over things with a background. This is completely crazy. I do not want red arial font for my text!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP SOMEONE PLEASE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

judik77:  You can change the font type and color by double-clicking in to the text box and/or then selecting the text itself, then press CTRL+E.  This is the only way that I know of to get to the advanced properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I found however, the right click and CRTL-E techniques  only gave me bold, italic, underline, and strike-through, options - no font type, size, or colour!!!!

I eventually figured out how to edit the text directly; but it took a while. It is not a very intuitive program. I am using the trial, could that be why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select the text box only and press CTRL+E, you will get the same dialog as right clicking the text box and going to Properties.  You must double-click on the text itself in the text box to make it active for editing, then you will be able to get to the font properties by pressing CTRL+E.  If you want to change existing text, you will need to double-click into the text box, then highlight the text, then press CTRL+E.

We're using Acrobat X Standard, and it's consistent with what you're experiencing.

Acrobat X was not thought-out very well, IMO. They removed so many of the needed features and also attempted to make the interface minimalistic while at the same time redesigning icons and function names, which makes it VERY hard on us end users, even to this day. After six months, you think they would listen to all of the complaints and update the interface accordingly in a patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW - thank-you IT helper! I feel like one almost has to be a majician to figure that one out (the click order, etc.).

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2012 Oct 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you as well, IT Helper!  I also had this problem, but what makes me crazy is that it was an intermittent problem.  About half the time, if I double click the text info, the text editing tool bar will come up so I can do what I need to do - this is the way it should be.  Other times, it wouldn't, and I couldn't change the font, size, or color.  Infuriorating!  This problem has plagued me in both pro versions 9 and 10.  But the Ctrl+E  trick seems to work every time! 

Unfortunately, this is not how it's supposed to work, and I'm sure 95% of the users will never figure this short-cut out. This is a bug that needs fixed via update.  Last time I said this (problems with the measurement too always going to default ratio), Adobe got out an update to fix it - so here's to hoping!  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason why this wouldn't work any more in Acrobat Pro 10.1.6?  I'm running XI now, but my girlfriend is on 10.1.6 and we use to use the method stated here to change font color all the time.  We even had the text box properties pinned to the tool bar.  Yesterday she opened up a pdf and it was gone.  Selected the text in the text box, ctrl+e, and nothing. I've tried everything I can think of and nothing.  This is really weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to re-add the text box properties to your Quick Tools.  Also, for the Ctrl+E, it is working for me – after double-clicking the text box to edit the text, and selecting the text, I am still able to use Ctrl+E to edit the font, color, and other properties.  Are you using the Text Box tool under the Comments pane?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also can't add the properties tool bar to my Quick Tools bar. More importantly, when I change the comment text color through Ctrl E and choose to make these properties default by right clicking the actual call out (not the text) it doesn't work. Help! I really need to change the color of the text in my comment boxes...I find it impossible to read as is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat X, they changed the toolbar behavior and you will not be able to add the usual (and useful) items to the Quick Tools area or anywhere else – they will just be floating.  As for your comment box, it sounds like you may not be using the correct comment box – you want to use the Text Box from the Comment -> Drawing Markups -> Text Box, not the one from Tools -> Content -> Add or Edit Text Box.  You may need to re-create the text boxes, using the above mentioned text box.  For setting the default properties, they should work fine when using the Comment -> Drawing Markups -> Text Box.  If not, you may need to repair or reinstall Acrobat X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, I am using pop-ups to comment, not text boxes. I can definitely change the default font color in my text boxes...but my comments are quite long and the pop-ups are much more useful than text boxes for me!

Thank you for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution For Adobe X Pro to edit default text boxes permanently (within a document😞

1) On the upper-right hand corner, click Tools > Drawing Markups > Text Box

2) Type something in the text box.

3) Click Ctrl + E if you do not have edit features. Pick the font and color you would like to use as the default for the rest of the document.

4) Click outside of the box, then Right-click the border of the box and select "Make Current Properties Default."

Formatting will only be default for this tool. If you would like to do the same for a Callout Box, just click Tools > Drawing Markups > Callout Box, and follow steps 2 through 4 thereafter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have just installed Acrobat 11pro, and cannot find a way of editing a "Text Box", with regard to background colour/fill and outline, I only seem to be able to edit the font style. I could do this with Acrobat 9, has this function been withdrawn. Any help on this would be most grateful.

Reg Dore,

Reading.

England.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are multiple ways of adding text to a PDF file. The one you're

describing can be found under Tools - Forms - Edit - Add new field - Text

field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines