• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Box for Paragraph Response

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a counselor who is trying to create a form for my clients to fill in when they see me (their family history). The text box  function does not seem to allow for more narrative/paragraph responses in the form...only one sentence and then the text goes "out of the box". When I print out the form completed by the client, it only has the first one line of the response...not the whole paragraph the client may have written. What can I do to allow the client's full response?

Thank you for any help. 🙂

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Can you confirm the version of the software and operating system you are using?

Assuming you are in Form 'edit' mode, when placing a text field, you can change some of the properties. 

EricDumas_0-1710782652589.png

For example, in the Options tab, you can select 'Multi-line' to allow for more than one line of text. You just need to draw a field that will contain all the text you will ever need.

Another option (that can go a bit out of control) is the Auto size for the font. The more text you type in the field, the small the font will get to shrink the text and make it all fit in the field. If the user types too much, the text will be so small, it cannot be read anymore.

EricDumas_1-1710782890037.png

Finally, I usually recommend my client to not print the pdf files. Paperless is so much easier and some platforms are very safe to save your files locked by a password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines