• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text box rotation in Acrobat

New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a portrait 8.5x11 PDF document.  I can add a "header" text box to the first page, and then copy the "header" text box from the first page to subsequent pages.  It retains its original orientation.  But I inserted a page from another portrait 8.5x11 PDF document into the first document, and when I copy the "header" text box onto that page, it rotates 90 degrees.  How do I rotate the text box on that page without rotating the entire page?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change orientation of a form text field in the properties of the form field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat Pro Creative Cloud.  If I place a text box and open the properties window, including all three tabs, I do not see anywhere where I can rotate the text.  Please post snapshot of Properties box with location of rotation tool flagged.  Maybe I am just missing it?  Or, is there something (like the text box, or the text) which needs to be highlights for the rotation tool to show up in the Properties box?  (Tried both but neither seemed to have any effect.....)  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're seeing only three tabs then you need to click on Tools - Prepare Form and then click on "More" at the right side of the window and then on "Revert to Acrobat Form".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Thanks.  Tried that, got to MORE, didn't offer a tool to rotate the text in a text box, or the text box itself.  Note that I am not trying to create a form.  I am in the middle of an 8.5x11 portrait multipage document, in which I can cut and paste a "header" text box from the first to subsequent pages without triggering any rotation of the text or box.  Then I inserted a page from another document, also native 8.5x11 portrait, not landscape, and when I try to paste the same box from the first page to this page, it pastes, but the whole box is rotated 90 degrees, text and all.  So what started as a rectangular outlined text box running across the page with right-reading text reading from left to right now shows up as a vertical box with the text running from top to bottom of the box, though similar layout within the box as before.

If I open the text box tool, and put in a new text box on the miscreant page, and type in the same text as in the original source box, it shows up in the same orientation as the rest of the document, reading left to right.  No problem.

Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I thought you were referring to a text ​field​...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why didn't you use the Header & Footer feature of Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question. Thanks! First, because I have never tried it (though I have been using Acrobat for 20+ years). I will investigate the header and footer function. Second and more important, because we include data in the page header which is page-specific (and not available as a mergeable field) in the header.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For every page you can specify a own header.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, noted. But (1) can you cut and paste them, and then edit each page’s header, (2) can you rotate the header if – as has been our experience – it rotates 90 degrees when you insert a page from another document (also in 8.5x11 portrait format), (3) do the headers always show up in a consistent location on the page, (4) does the presence of a header automatically reduce the size of the page content to allow space for the header without overwriting any of the content (assuming the content is native 8.5x11), and (5) if so, does that involve only vertical shrinking, or shrinking both vertical and horizontal by the same percentage?

Thanks, Bernd!

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines