• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text boxes within paragraphs - data inside of text box doesn't copy

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a document - on the bottom is a canned message, so I've typed out that text. However, I've inserted text boxes within that paragraph to autofill data from copied boxes above (duplicate text boxes for date and times). When I go to copy/paste, the text copies and the text box highlights, but when I paste, the data from the text box doesn't paste, just the blank of the text box.

Here is the example... those blanks (below) have text in the text boxes - but it doesn't copy/paste. How do I make that text selectable so it'll paste?

Completed RFF ___________ Monthly PM on ____________ as per published procedure in System Maintenance Procedures Manual.

Filled out Generator Use Log. Arrived on site _____ UTC, departed _____ UTC.

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flatten the form fields before you select and copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If by that you mean print as adobe, that messes up the formatting and I don't want to have to do that for every form, I would like to just be able to save it and be able to copy/paste from the workable form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then copy the fix text and copy the field values as seperate steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could do that - but that would completely defeat the purpose of creating a new more efficient autonomous form to save steps/time and improve efficiency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't copy plain text and interactive elements such as text fields at once. What you can do is to create one single protected text field that contains all the texts. It would require some scripting but if you need this more than once ith might be worth the effort.

Given you have a field Text1 and two input fields Field1 and Field2 you can use this calculation script to create its contents.

var oOutput = this.getField("Text1"),
    cText = "My text contains the value of Field 1 ",
    cVar1 = this.getField("Field1").value,
    cVar2 = this.getField("Field2").value;
cText += cVar1;
cText += " and Field 2 ";
cText += cVar2;
cText += ".";
oOutput.value = cText;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines