• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Comments disappearing

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using Acrobat (version: DC 18.009.20050 with Windows 10) I can't see my text comments once I click elsewhere.  The comments still appear on the Commenting panel, but are not visible on the page. I have tried both the "Add text comment" and "Add text box" methods without success. The worst part is that this issue has followed me to my new computer from my last one!  Does that mean the issue is tied to my profile in my cloud account?  Does anyone know how to reset my commenting preferences back to the default?

Thank you,

~Kristine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Can you post some screenshots showing both the comment on the page as well as the comment in the comment pane? I'm wondering if your comment text color got set to white, or if the opacity of your text box got set to 0%.

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 4.54.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 5.00.47 PM.png

What is the fill color of your text box comment?

Have you tried choosing a comment that you can actually see, and then tried "Make Properties Default"?Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 4.59.14 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't really a reply, except to say that I have the same problem. I am working in Acrobat Pro DC, Windows 10. I never had a problem like this before -- I always used text notes the same way I used to use the typewriter in ancient versions of Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post some screenshots showing both the comment on the page as well as the comment in the comment pane? I'm wondering if your comment text color got set to white, or if the opacity of your text box got set to 0%.

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 4.54.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 5.00.47 PM.png

What is the fill color of your text box comment?

Have you tried choosing a comment that you can actually see, and then tried "Make Properties Default"?Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 4.59.14 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Document Geek!!  The text was set to black, but I had at some point accidentally set the opacity of my text box to 0%. The other solution (find a text box that shows up and use its properties to reset my default) also worked when tested independently.

Very, very helpful!  Thanks again,

~Kristine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So glad I could help. I have an entire Lynda course on PDF commenting, if you'd like to learn about more of the capabilities.

Adobe Acrobat DC: PDF Commenting for AEC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue in Acrobat Reader DC (2021.005.20048) though the option to set the properties to edit the text does not come up. This started about two months ago. I've uninstalled, used the app cleaner and tried to follow the steps below. When typing, the push pin and paint bucket are greyed out. I can click on the three dots and get the font tool to change font style, size, line spacing and the text color, but nothing to fix the transparency once the text is set

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  It has always worked fine and in fact quick working mid-morning in mid-June 2021.  My text box is unaffected, it is my text only option (the old typewriter).  My opacity is set to 100% and black.  The commenting tools pop up to use, but once I type the text and click anywhere else it dissapears even though the comment panel recognizes the document has text added.  I have contacted customer support and have moved up the chain of technicians.  They have remotely unistalled, reinstalled.  They have uninstalled with the cleaner tool, and reinstalled.  They have gone into the registry and deleted adobe components.  I have spent no less than 10 hours on the phone with support who has been unable to fix this.  I also noticed my page preferences will not save, like, I like my documents to open with the page panel view to the left, which after setting the preferences does not translate when opening new documents as it used to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally tried something that seemed to work. I found that by signing in to the cloud account, the problem would come back after a successful complete uninstall and reinstall. Once I signed back in, the problem would return and I would have to start the process all over. I started a new account (rather went back to an old one), and the problem didn't return. I have since tried a version of Acrobat Pro DC and signed in to my old account and still no problems. We will see, and I will update the thread the moment the problem reappears (if it does). 

I would suggest that you uninstall and look for an Adobe products cleaning tool (make sure it's from Adobe) and start a new cloud profile, then reinstall the app. Don't sign in, but test the program. If it works, then try signing in to the new cloud account and see if the problem returns. 

I also did one more thing - if you have other accounts on your computer for log ins, go into each one and make sure that you have removed all the traces of Adobe in each of those, check for updates from Windows, then log out of them all, shut down and restart, then log in to your account and try what you can. No guarantees, but hopefully it will take you futher than you've been able to get! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has apparently been a big problem for a very long time. I recently started having the same issue where I could create a Comment but when I clicked out of the Comment text field, the text became invisible. I just spent several hours with Adobe Tech Support logged into my computer seeing the issue and the "fix" was to clean uninstall the 64-bit version (for Windows) and install the 32-bit version...problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines