• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

text field properties will not allow me to add a border

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to add a border color and line thickness to text field boxes on a pdf form. Acrobat Pro DC will not change the color from transparent and will not allow me to add a border. Both "Line Color" and "Line Thickness" remain greyed out. Is there an issue with this feature in Acrobat? Thanks.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

The fix for this issue has been officially rolled out with latest Acrobat update

More details here: 19.008.20071 Planned update, October 02, 2018 — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix for this issue has been officially rolled out with latest Acrobat update

More details here: 19.008.20071 Planned update, October 02, 2018 — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re welcome. The CC panel often gets it wrong, so what is your actual version of Acrobat, from About.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot add a border coler to a text field box on a PDF. As reported in 2017 by Lars_Dietrich, Acrobat Pro DC will not change the color from transparent and will not allow me to add a border. Both "Line Color" and "Line Thickness" remain greyed out. -- What to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After fiddling around, I found that if I dragged the color tile that I wanted and dropped it on the Line Color and Line Thickness boxes, it would take.

BTW, working on a MacBook Pro in Acrobat Pro DC, version 2020.012.20048

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked, but what a crappy, non-intuitive workaround!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to work by unchecking the "Transparent" check box when choosing a color.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2021.001.20155

Mac Pro Late 2013 model

macOS Mojave

Version 10.14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for providing the only useful information in this whole thread. Unchecking 'transparent' fixed it for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally a solution 🙂 But where is that option to uncheck > "Transparent"? 
I'm using the latest version on Mac.

thanks so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this was asked so so long ago but I just ran into this problem and found a fix! If anybody searches recently on how to fix this, hopefully this helps!

Make sure you are using the Prepare Form tool.

1. Right click on the text box that does not have a border

2. Click on Properties then on Appearance

3. From here, click on the square next to Border Color

4. Uncheck the box towards the bottom labeled Transparent

Hopefully that helps anybody searching for a fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, thanks. That was the fix. Adobe has created such an unintuitive user interface with Acrobat, it's unbelievable. The simplest things have been made so overly complex in most of their software. Makes you wonder what kind of usability testing, if any, they're doing these days before releasing updates. Sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not the most complete or elegant solution, but I only wanted the entry fields to show. On a Mac you can click on the Edit dropdown at the top, Form Options, Highlight Existing Fields. Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 10.54.29 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines