• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Fields are saved as Read only

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue when building a few txt fields...then "Save As" the document...those text fields turn themselves into "READ ONLY" and "LOCKED".  Anyone know how to fix that?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Hi ls_rbls,

Thanks for your reply to my request. Below are my answers to your questions.

In addition to sharing the operating system version, please also specify if these files that you are saving are currently accessed and shared through a mapped network drive with other users without sharing with others.

Operating system version: Windows 10 Pro 22H2.  My files are saved in OneDrive, not a mapped network drive.

Is this a virtual machines environment?  No.

Or is it just happening with every and a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Adobe Pro DC

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

[Also... Adobe is the company name, Acrobat is the program name]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly are you adding these fields? Can you share the file in question with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ntomczak,

As per your description, the form fields turn into "read only" and "locked". It seems that the text properties is set to Read only.

When you add the text form fields to the PDF in Acrobat application, double click on the form field to open the properties window. Then go to General tab and check if the box for Read only & Locked are marked or not.

Ensure that the box are not marked for these options. 

If that is not the case, would you mind sharing the PDF form with us? You can share the form using the steps provided here https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7161

Also, share the application and OS version on the machine. You may use the steps mentioned in the following help link to check the application version: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Read only and Locked options on the General tab are disabled.  They are not available for me to set.  The multiline option of a text box is also uncontrolable.  All the fields on my form are locked and read only.

Can someone help?

Thanks.

Sandy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++ Adding to the discussion,

In addition to sharing the operating system version, please also specify if these files that you are saving are currently accessed and shared through a mapped network drive with other users.

Is this a virtual machines environment?

Or is it just happening with every and any PDF that you work with locally on any desktop computer at work?

Conversely, where exactly are you saving these files to?

Are they saved to shared public folder in a file server that is administered with group policy by your organization?

Or are these files being saved to an  online cloud service folder?

Is there any Acrobat JavaScript that executes any type of custom caluclations in that PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ls_rbls,

Thanks for your reply to my request. Below are my answers to your questions.

In addition to sharing the operating system version, please also specify if these files that you are saving are currently accessed and shared through a mapped network drive with other users without sharing with others.

Operating system version: Windows 10 Pro 22H2.  My files are saved in OneDrive, not a mapped network drive.

Is this a virtual machines environment?  No.

Or is it just happening with every and any PDF that you work with locally on any desktop computer at work? 

Yes.  It happened to all my pdf files that I was working on my laptop at work.

Conversely, where exactly are you saving these files to?

I saved my files on my OneDrive.

Are they saved to shared public folder in a file server that is administered with group policy by your organization?  Or are these files being saved to an  online cloud service folder?

They're saved in the OneDrive storage that's assigned to me, but it's managed by my organization using Group Policy.

After I closed Adobe Acrobat with all pdf files and reopened it, the problem disappeared.

Thanks again for your prompt reply!

Sandy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines