• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text gets hidden on PDF form

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2011 Oct 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a PDF form with Acrobat Pro 9 and saved it as a form extending its features to Reader.

When I open the form with Reader 9 it allows me to fill in the fields but I can only see text in the field I am clicked on. Any previous fields I have typed text into is hidden (invisible) as soon as I click on another field.

I tried selecting all the fields and changing the background to a random color and then back to a non-colour and saving that form. When I opend it in Reader I was able to see all the text that I input and I though it was fixed. But when you close the file and save it and then reopen it, all the text is hidden again until you click on each field to be able to see it.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop using Preview and open the file in Adobe Reader (and set Reader to be the default app for PDFs). Preview corrupts the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Picture 2.pngPicture 3.png

Hi Larry,

I don't use Preview to view PDFs. Acrobat Pro 9 is my default PDF viewing application.

For the project I'm doing I created the form in Acrobat Pro and filled in the form in Acrobat Reader (which worked properly after changing the background color of the fields), but now when the file is opened in Reader you can see all the text in the fields, but when that same file is opened in Pro you can't see the text in the fields until clicked on. I attach two screen shots of the exact same file opened in Reader and open in Pro.

I understand that Preview and other applications that open PDFs may not be able to view/edit forms properly created with Acrobat (which is a pity), but I would of thought there would not be and issue between Adobe products.

Regards, Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really know what the problem might be. Most similar problems are related to the use of Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that certainly is an issue. But there does seem to be more than one reason why something like this happens.

This thread has the same or similar situation happening for various reasons...

http://acrobatusers.com/forum/forms-acrobat/inviisible-data-form-fields

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TallTim,

I'd be very intertested in looking at the PDF. If you can't post it somewhere so we can download it, I'd be happy to take a look if you're free to email it to me at: acroscript at gmail dot com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines