• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text in "Text Box Tool" won't print

New Here ,
May 19, 2008 May 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm using Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional, version 7.1.0. I put a text box on a sheet like this... Tools > Drawing Markups > Text Box Tool. It was a yellow box, I simply typed some text in it. But neither the yellow box nor the text shows up when the page is printed. So, wondered if could get some opinions on...

1) How can I make the box and text print?

2) If it's a setting, how do I ensure it prints when the recipient gets it and prints, i.e. I force it to always print, so they don't have to bother with setting some special setting(s)?

3) Is there any way to make the FONT bigger in the box, it's way too small.

Thanks
George

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the "Print" UI you have to select "Document and Markups" for the "Forms and Comments" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks... Using an already-created pdf, is there a way to "embed" some text (using any tool at all), and then re-save it with the new embedded text.

That is, I'd like to make sure that no matter what the recipient prints (or has set his/her settings to), it will still *always* come out with the text I put in it.

Thanks,
George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> That is, I'd like to make sure that no matter what the recipient prints (or has set his/her settings to), it will still *always* come out with the text I put in it.

Don't use comments, use real text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should in order of preference:

Edit original document and make new PDF
Use Text Touchup Tool
Use Text Box Comment/Annotation tool and flatten PDF, making the comment part of the PDF and no longer a comment or annotation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks...

Flatten sounds like a great way to go. I looked all over, but didn't see a flatten action, can you point me in right direction? I think Photoshop and/or Illustrator have this, but was hoping to just stay in Acrobat, and not get too involved/complicated, if possible.

I stumbled upon a document that said flattening occurs if you save it to [a very old version of Acrobat, like 1.x] Didn't see any place to do this either... on the "Optimize" menu, mine only goes down to Readable by "4.0 and later". Welcome any suggestions.

Re: using "real text" instead of comments, I'd like to, but in some cases the pdf is received, instead of created. So, would like to be able to work with what got (a pdf at the start), then just add the text and embed/flatten/integrate/save or whatever, permanently so to speak, into the document.

Thanks again, and thank you for patience with these questions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2008 May 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that in my printer dialogue box there is a pull down menu titled "Comments and Forms" with the option "Document and Markups".
That worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read "Show All Messsages". You finding was mentioned but the poster want a 100% no change setting method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Flatten sounds like a great way to go. I looked all over, but didn't see a flatten action, can you point me in right direction?

The method flattenPages is a JavaScript method. You must execute it in the JavaScript concole.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 28, 2008 May 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

George;
We seem to be making a meal of giving you a workable answer here rather than pointers:

You can add 'real text' easily by using the TouchupText tool (with Ctrl held down to add new text). Use the TouchupObject tool to reposition the added text.

Flattening can be achieved by the 'unapproved' (but nobody will explain quite why it is discouraged) method of just printing the pdf to the Adobe PDF printer. The javascript method can be achieved by non-scripters by adding a toolbar button available from the good folks at Windjack-dot-com (Free Stuff tab).

If you persist with the Text Box tool, Ctrl-E brings up the Properties toolbar but you still have to wrestle between selecting the text and selecting the box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2008 May 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDF printer does not always produce the best results the first time and a second use will be no better and most likely worse. This is due to some of the image compression methods being used. If digital photography it is recommended to avoid Jpeg if repeated edits or touch ups will be done because some Jpeg compression options lose detail when compressed. Granted it is not much, but each recompression losses a little more detail each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2008 Jun 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

George,

In the event that you need to use text boxes, please see below for one method of flattening the pdf document:

Simon P, "Printing Documents w/ Markups & Stamps" #3, 18 Feb 2008 4:46 pm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2008 Jun 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the less technical there is the issue of accessing the JavaScript console in Standard or setting Reader up for the console use.

For users with the Standard version, one can add a bookmark and add the following JavaScript:

console.show(); // open the console
console.clear(): // clear the introductory text

Users of Reader will need to see the technical documents for Reader for a folder level script to enable use of the JS console in Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2008 Jun 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the print window, there's a box at the bottom that says Print What:

Change the value from "Document" to "Document and Comments"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2008 Jun 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In the print dialogue box, select "Documents and Markups" and then print as a PDF. The markups will become part of the PDF. Hope that works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines