• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text is garbled when editing pdf

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have very recently changed from pc to mac.  I have adobe pro dc.  When I edit a PDF or add text to it, the text becomes garbled and oddly spaced.  I've reset, reloded, and checked for updates.  The fixes that I'm finding on line are old.  Is there something new?  Did not have this issue when working on PC.  Is there something different to check for on a Mac?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Acrobat forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Your new Mac is missing the fonts that were used in the PDF, and
  2. The fonts weren't embedded into the PDF when the PDF was created.

Two solutions:

1. Install the missing fonts on the Mac, or
  2. Re-export the PDF, this time checking the option to embed the fonts into it.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

we are sorry for the trouble.

Please update the thread if you are still experiencing the issue so we can  assist you further

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes this issue persists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat DC and the OS you are using to check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.2.20191. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines