• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text not displaying in PDF button

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a custom PDF with a "reset form" and "print" buttons.  They were working correctly however after I reopened the file the buttons were still there and work correctly but the text is not displayed inside the button.  When I edit the page the "reset form" and "print" labels can be seen but when I preview the page the buttons are blank.    

I have tried:

Recreating the buttons

Changing text color, font, button color, outline color

Starting a new document

Changing the fonts

Repairing the adobe installation

I checked other threads and most of the problems were solved by making sure the button title was under the "name" and not "tooltip."  I have double checked that this is not the problem in this case. The pictures below show the way I created and titled the button Any help would be appreciated.button.pngButton2.png

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

The label for the button is on the "Options" tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The label for the button is on the "Options" tab.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is for any Adobe staff that actually read these.  Why would the name not be on the "General" tab?  I don't understand some of your style decisions at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I add the other tabs in properties: Format, Validate, and Calculate? Also my Options tab does not have alignment as well as Advanced being greyed out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is about buttons. Buttons do not have Format, Validate, and Calculate scripts, nor an "alignment" option. 

There is no "Advanced" on the field properties dialog, so it can't be greyed out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you review this attachment to see what I am asking about? I do not have these tabs available, my properties view is the same as this post and the issue this person was having with not having those tabs I believe others who have the same Adobe as me have..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As well as this attachment..TIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So picture1 has nothing to do with what you are asking about. 

Picture2 is the properties dialog for a text field, which also has nothing to do with what you are asking about. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow I am so sorry for even asking for some guidance, I thought you would be mroe educated in this departement. I will reach out to someone who better assist me. I hope you have the day you deserve Thom Parker 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid you have it backwards. The first picture you sent is not a properties dialog. It is the dialog for setting the "Form Submit" Action parameters.  This dialog is not related to the tabs in the field properties. And as I stated in the first post, this forum thread is about Button Fields. The Button properties dialog does not have the Format, Validate, and Calculate tabs. 

Perhaps it would be helpful if you described what you want to do. 

If you want to ask about something else, then I suggest you create a new thread with a clearly worded description. 

But I have given you clear  and correct answers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Miranda28800342y38o,

Thank you for reaching out.

Could you please confirm the option you get on the Properties window?

It would be helpful if you could share the screenshot of the Properties window with us.

Share the Acrobat and OS version number on the machine.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The properties Format, Validate, and Calculate are not available in Adobe Sign forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  That worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines