• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text on pdf disappearing using the Text feature when using the Comment tool?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help solve this?  When I'm trying to comment on a pdf using the Text feature, the comment shows up on the pdf AND in the comment section on the right as I'm typing, but then disappears on the pdf after it get out of the Text feature.  The comment is still visible in the right comment section and appears back on the document if I hover my curser over the invisible area where the text should be and double click there, then it pops back up and I can edit it, but the actual text doesn't stay visible on the document.  This has somehow changed on me in the last 3 days as I use the text feature all the time and have never come across the text appearing invisible on a pdf before.  Do I need to adjust a setting somewhere??  Very frustrating.  I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 2019.010.20098 on a macOS Sierra Version 10.12.6

Note- when I use the Text Box feature it is working normally and the text stays on the pdf, but I don't always want the box around the text as the Text Box feature is made.

[Moderator moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Editing & Exporting PDFs .]

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

I've edited the comment for you in the attached version of this file:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iYVI79j3R85Mlhe6cg1Xl4Y9yVJV5NJG

Open it and then try the last part of my instructions, at least. That way you will change the default and could add new comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my Gosh!!! Thank you so much for both of you!

I'm facing the same fate and have no idea how to fix it now I got my texts back! 

Salute!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED!!!

I had a similar issue. I had opened up a PDF document on Adobe DC. I did some edits (mostly just highlighting an annotating for a presentation) on the document and then without closing the document, (because I wasn't done) I did some cleaning on my downloads, which involved moving my document on edit to a specific folder for easy retrival. Previously this document was on Downloads (including when I began commenting and highlighting the pdf). When I tried to save changes, it could not allow me to save, and then all the text on the pdf just disappeared. I could see the annotated sections and when I clicked on them I could see my notes, but no text. I moved the document in question back to downloads, then when I tried to save the pdf it saved just fine with all of my annotations. I then moved this document back to its organized folder and when opened, it opens with the annotated changes.

Sometimes the solution is simple and requires you to track all changes made to the entire document; including the reversal of any movememts you had made on the documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines