• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Textbox location

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe acrobat standard DC and I wonder if it is possible to rotate text boxes diagonally. I only manage to insert text boxes vertically or horizontally.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide some more details about the exact nature of these "text boxes". It can mean one of at least 3 different things in a PDF file... What exact tool are you using to add them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank you so much for your reply.
We use the function "Add text box" which is located under "Comment tools" because we need the frame around the text box and also want to be able to change the color of the background in the text box.

Under the menu "Edit PDF" I know that you can choose "Add text" and that this can be rotated diagonally, but since this function does not allow to color the background in the text field or put a frame around the box, we can not use it.

Do you know if in Adobe acrobat Pro it is possible to turn the text boxes diagonally that are added under the "Comment tool" or is it not possible in any of the Adobe acrobat applications? 

Grateful for quick response.

Greetings Jonas 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can rotate such boxes using a script, but it doesn't work well if you use an angle that's not a multiple of 90 degrees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonas27995823ckwp,

Thank you for reaching out.

In Acrobat, it is impossible to rotate the text boxes if you add them using the Comment tool or the Edit PDF tool.

However, if you add text using the Edit PDF tool, it can be rotated diagonally.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hej och tack så mycket för ditt svar.
Vi använder funktionen "Add text box" som finns under "Comment tools" för att vi behöver ramen runt textrutan och även vill kunna ändra färg på bakgrunden i textrutan.

Under menyn "Edit PDF" vet jag att man kan välja "Add text" och att denna går att rotera diagonalt, men då denna funktion inte möjliggör att färglägga bakgrunden i textfältet eller sätta en ram runt rutan så kan vi inte använda den.

Vet du om det i Adobe acrobat Pro är möjligt att vrida textrutorna diagonalt som läggs till under "Comment tool" eller är det inte möjligt i någon av Adobe acrobat applikationerna? 

Tacksam för snabbt svar.

Hälsningar Jonas 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am afraid that it is not possible in Acrobat Pro as well. It is a designed behavior for the text box. 

Hope this answers your questions. 

Marking a reply or response “Correct” will help future users with the same issue quickly identify the correct answer.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines