• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Texture Masking In Adobe Acrobat DC and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created several alpha channels for fencing, low res/high res trees, gates, rail fences, ornate benches, various conduits/lattice structures, and pylons; basically, anything that can be viewed as a planimetric 3D model that is extruded and textured with a jpg and a mask created in Photoshop, then exported as a tga file.

The textures and masks work in 3D Studio Max 2018, but I run into problems when I generate files and view them in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

I have a chain link fence with a concertina wire coil on top that is visually displayed properly with a functional mask in Adobe Acrobat DC, but the mask turns opaque in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

Are there any settings that may correct the opacity of the mask in Reader DC? 

I've already played with the transparency, but it just manipulates the mask and texture of the chain link.  I want the chain link to view with 100% opacity, while the tga file (mask) masks the background 100% like it does in 3D Studio Max 2018.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chain_link_fence_using_alpha_channel_for_transparency.jpg

 This is an example of chain link fence in 3dS Max 2018, and it looks like this in Adobe Acrobat DC.  The mask within the chain link comes up opaque in Reader DC when it should be transparent.  In other words, the viewer should see right thru the fence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other piece of information that may spur a solution or at least an explanation of the results I'm getting in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.  The pdfs are viewed in Acrobat Reader DC on a Windows 10 OS.  If anyone has insight into issues

on Win10 OS while using Acrobate Reader DC, please enlighten me.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the page display preference to use Overprint Preview set to "Always"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Luke, thanks for the input.  I did try all the settings; always, never, and only for PFD/Xfile, but no change.

I've noticed that any jobs built with Adobe X Pro on Win7 OS will show transparencies when I change the preferred renderer to Directx9 within the Adobe DC/DC Pro viewers, but anything built using Win10 OS with Adobe DC Pro and Tetra4D exporter will not show transparencies no matter how I change 3D preferences in Adobe Acrobat DC Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines