• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The credential selected for signing is invalid error

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our company use smart cards with certificates to sign documents.  After the latest update, half of us can no longer sign documents.  Upon checking the certificate we have used and successfully signed with for the past several years, we get the error "The credential selected for signing is invalid"

Are there any known updates or changes that affects our existing certificates' ability to sign/validate documents?  It also appear that the Common certificate has been revoked and how can it be if we used it for years?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaulthmejy61y0vs9 ,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

I need few information on the issue to understand it better.

• What is the current version of Acrobat or Reader you are using? 
    You can check the version by going to help->About Acrobat pro DC.
  • Are you still able to sign on the older version?
  • Is the certificate's revocation information intact? I asked this because you have mentioned that the Common certificate has been revoked. Please contact the certification authority to make sure that the certificate provided is still valid.

Apart from this, if possible, could you also share an old file which is signed by the problematic certificate?

Regards,

Prashant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Prashant for your reply!  I was out of office last week and sorry for the delay.

Adobe DC Version:  Continuous Release 2021.005.20058. File version: 21.005.20058.47888.  

I am not 100% sure if the update has caused the signing problem.  

Below is a screen shot of Revocation info.  This is the certificate I have been using for years without issue until the first week of July.

defaulthmejy61y0vs9_0-1627318198859.png

Would you like me to email you the older signed document using the same certificate before this issue started? What email address do I use?

Thanks,

Brad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Brad,

I have sent you my email address in private message. You can send the older signed file on that id.
Did you try to sign on the older version of Acrobat using the problematic certificate?

Also Please contact the certification authority to make sure that the certificate provided is still valid.

Thanks,

Prashant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I emailed you to the address you provided.
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @defaulthmejy61y0vs9 

Could you please try upgrading to the latest released version of Acrobat and Reader i.e 21.007.20091 and try to sign the document now.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines