• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The document could not be saved. There was a problem reading this document (105).

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any fix out there for this? Just trying to save a pdf. Come on Adobe, every new version just adds to the bugs.

TOPICS
PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @FuzzyOnion01,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience with Acrobat.

Would you mind sharing a few more pieces of information for further investigation:

1. The app version of Acrobat you are using (go to Help-> About Acrobat Pro);

2. The OS [Windows/Mac] and its version;

3. Do you see the error with every file you open or with specific files? Could you share a sample file with me over a private message?

4. Please share a screen recording of the events or steps you followed where you see the error message.

While you share the above details, you might want to try the steps mentioned here: Solved: Error - The document could not be saved. There was.

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of Acrobat has a nasty issue with max filename/path lengths.    I haven't counted the characters, but it looks like 80 to 128 characters is the max.  This needs to be at least doubled by Adobe.

The truly nasty part of this, is that Adobe is attached to Windows Explorer.  When I try to make a copy of the folder and put it somewhere with a shorter path, I get a similar error about source and destination being the same name.

Adobe, Please fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Unfortunately, it wasn't resolved with character limit, I tried storing files on desktop which path has around 20 chars, but still no go. Kind of sucks i'm paying $240/year for this business critical software and they can't even keep a simple thing working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @ginger353191154l2z @Matt35040156uiuw,

Just trying to understand the situation better.

Are there special characters in either the file name or the path? This could lead to an error.

Also, the Acrobat folder that you mention, is a cloud-based folder allowing you to access your files on the go. Please ensure that you have a local copy of them or the files are already downloaded to your system, which will allow you to make copies of them without any error messages.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines