• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error - The document could not be saved. There was a problem reading this document (105).

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just registered and installed Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and I cannot save PDF files.

I decided to try the trial period because I was so frustrated with the lack of functionality in Adobe Reader.  I need to be able to sign documents, and even when DC reader works, it takes minutes to open a single document.

First, I uninstalled DC Reader.  That took about a half hour.

Next I signed up for the trial period.  I was surprised that Acrobat was so difficult to download.  I had to attempt a few browser tricks before I could even start the download.

After finally installing Acrobat Pro, I was unable to save PDF files.  I've tried multiple files and tried saving them to new locations, but I get the same error.

To add insult to injury, I couldn't contact tech support because I haven't registered my product.  (That sounds like an error I'd get back when people bought software in a box at the local office store.)

Please either help me resolve this issue or cancel my trial period immediately.  I have no desire to pay for a product that doesn't work and isn't supported.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2 userswithin my company attempting to fill out some lines in a PDF that is a fillable form, then save that PDF, using the 'Save as...' function. This is happening with multiple of the same file.

Error when attempting to save the file:

aa_orig_error.png

More information when holding Ctrl and clicking OK:

aa_ctrl_error.png

Computer Information:

Adobe Version: Latest Version of Adobe Acrobat

I have seen workarounds in other community posts, but I am seeking a fix rather than a workaround if possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have saved and been working on a document.

Having made amendments to it, I now get this message.

Previous strings on this question do not apply and provide no solution.

Any help gratefully received.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jackm

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the above error message when trying to save the PDF

This is a generic error message and there could be number of reasons for it. If you have Acrobat DC on your machine you may use some predefined test using the Preflight tool on this file. Try saving the file with different name and check if that helps.

You may also try to Print to PDF using Adobe PDF Printer (Win Only) to flatten the PDF file and save it with a different name and check. For more information please check the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/print-to-pdf.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Amal,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I am an OS user so I cannot Print to PDF.

I tried saving with a different name and sadly this did not work.  I even tried to save in a different format (reduced size), but it cannot do this without saving first - so the circular problem begins again.

Kind regards,

Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If you are on Mac OS, please try to do  Save As Adobe PDF option to print a file to PDF on Mac as described in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/print-to-pdf.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am getting an error attached below while compressing and saving my pdf file.image001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please help me to resolve this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue may be related to comments in the pdf. Try running a preflight profile to convert to PDF/X-4, this may clear out the problem. (Tools> Print production> Preflight> Select profiles> Find "convert"). If that doesn't work, you could open the pdf in the Chrome browser, or another non-Adobe pdf viewer and resave, however, you may loose any comments or other pdf functionality. Here are links to related discussions:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-fix-there-was-an-error-processing-a-page-t...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/help-showing-error-message-135-when-trying...

Convert to PDF_X.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines