• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The dropblet cannot run on lower versions of Acrobat. Please set higher version as default handler.

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I had some droplets created by a previous person that were on my older Mac system (Yosemite) that utilized Acrobat to process PDF files.

When I transferred over those droplets to my new machine (Currently on Catalina 10.15.7) they won't work anymore.  I cannot, for the life of me figure out what the issue is.  I tried zipping the droplets before transferring to the new machine, but that didn't work.

When I try to use them, the error I get is:
"The droplet cannot run on lower versions of Acrobat. Please set higher version as default PDF handler and try again."

But my Acrobat is up to date to the latest version I can upgrade to, and the old machine potentially had the same version of Acrobat, so I'm very confused.

I also know that you can change your OS's preferred PDF application by getting info on a PDF file and changing it to Acrobat.  I've done this already.

I'm running Acrobat DC 2021.005.20048.

Here is one of the droplets (because this forum won't let me attach the file):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2ki64dn3wsffnon/AAAr0aIUdAM4bte3Tv3ih5Zba?dl=0

I was thinking it has something to do with the applescript in the main.scpt file, but it refers to Acrobat as "Adobe Acrobat".  I don't believe that is the issue, as I've looked up the Acrobat applescript library, and it seems this is how you refer to the application.

I have an employee who went through the same upgrade, but the only difference is he used migration transfer to move to his new machine, and I did not.  His droplets work.  He is on the exact same OS, and Acrobat version that I'm on.

Maybe there is something in the system preferences files that needs to be fixed?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out.

We have checked the link that you have shared above. There is no file.

Would you mind sharing the file again so we can check? Please share the screenshot of the error message with us.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that!  I moved the file by accident.  Here is the file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vg46e3766sdcod/00-00-Black.zip?dl=0

I zipped this.  When unzipped it become an application.

Here is the error I get:

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 9.31.42 AM.png

 

Thanks!

tchbklvr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... Were you able to check the thread-starters file? What is causing this message?
I get the same error message, and my Droplet ought to be older than my Acrobat version, so I don't understand the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I also get this error message. on win10.

Maybe someone know how to fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on a Mac in O.S. Monterey and running Acrobat DC. "The dropblet cannot run on lower versions of Acrobat. Please set higher version as default handler."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Droplet", I meant!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No update? Getting this error on AWS workspace running Win Server 2018 and latest Acrobat DC. That this has been an issue for people for over a year with no update here is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James@DSI,

Sorry about the trouble caused.

Would you mind elaborating on the issue?

Share the workflow you do that results in the error message.

If you have a file that triggers the error message, please share it with us here.

Share the Acrobat and OS version you are using on the machine.

We need more information to replicate the behavior.

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the same problem. After updating Acrobat Pro my droplet didn't work with the same prompt as the thread opener. I already created a new one with the updated Acrobat Pro but still get this error message?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I can still find the file.  I somehow got it to run. I believe I disabled most of the security options in Acrobat. The general workflow was to run a preflight to flag the use of certain fonts in a collection on PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 
I'm also getting the issue when I try to run a pdf file through a Acrobat drop which was created from the preflight Add "_X1a" to PDF file name after processing. Currently I'm using Acrobat Pro (Version 2024.001.20604 - 64-bit) on Win10 Enterprise. Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out. 

Please update the application to the recent version 24.01.206XX . Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once and see if that helps.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines