• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The new version of Acrobat does not allow combining files into a regular pdf. HELP!!

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the best features in Acrobat was to drop a bunch of files from Illustrator into the "combine files" section and then have it spit out a multi page pdf. I have no idea why they would remove this. I tried doing that today with the newer version and it will only give me a "pdf portfolio" which is totally useless for what I need it for. Please bring back this functionality. No matter what I try, it will not combine these files into one pdf but leaves them as separate PDF files in a portfolio format. This is not what I want. I need to combine them in order to reduce the file size, export them all as images (PNG or TIFF). Why would they take away a feature that was working great just to make a new version? This is very frustrating because now it takes 10 steps to do something that used to take just 1. I also had to convert each file into a PDF first from Illustrator adding yet another step. HUGE TIME WASTER!! HELP!!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding here that if I convert all the files to PDF first and then combine, I still get the same result. "PDF Portfolio" with limited options. I just want the functionality back of the older versions. Is there a setting that will bring this back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the combine options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uncheck this option:

Capture_2211092327.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines