• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The print menu won't work anymore since yesterday afternoon. Is it a known bug?

Explorer ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Since yesterday afternoon it isn't possible to print anymore. If I select the print option within the pull down menu nothing happens anymore. Until yesterday afternoon I had the printer menu to select a printer, paper etc., but now nothings happens.

Please help bc the usual workflow isn't possible anymore.

Thanx

Anna

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Hi all,

We have released a patch today that fixes the Mac Printing issue that was recently introduced (with May 10th release). If you are not already updated to the latest patch, simply open Acrobat and visit Help > Check for updates to apply this patch.

More details about this release and bug fixes is available here: Acrobat Help | Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC | Update

Please give it a try and let us know.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue can't get the print box to come up - have 11 different macs running Acrobat - 2 of them not working in acrobat - all have the same acrobat version - some running yosemite some running el capitan???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please try to re-install the Acrobat base build and update it manually by May 2016 patch (don't do check for updates). You can get the patch from this link: 15.016.20039 Planned update, May 10, 2016 — Acrobat and Adobe Reader Release Notes

-Vishal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

same problem here. Where can I find that base built to try that approach?

Best

Lutz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Base build would be the one by which you have installed Acrobat DC first time. In case you don't have that build, please use the latest Base build from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, XI, or X  . Please note that with this latest base build you don't need to update it as it is latest update only.

Thanks,

Vishal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we run the base build of DC and a known working copy of XI on the same machine without conflict. i cant loose the ability to print again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling and reinstalling DC and updating to AcrobatDCUpd1501620039.dmg did not fix the issue. Still no print dialog window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Printing fine yesterday, after DC updated, but today I had the dumb Box pop up (pop-ups are rude) which I cancelled and now can't print.

Judging by the bugginess of Acrobat on Mac's I'd guess they prioritise Windows builds and testing. Surely printing on a Mac was tested prior to release, and considering how many people it has affected, it doesn't seem to be a tough edge case to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem here on 2 different computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. No matter how I select to print (key command or drop menu) it doesn't go to the pop up box with print options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Acrobat team is aware of this issue and working on a resolution on priority. Meanwhile, please use the workarounds given below to resume printing operation on Mac.

Workaround 1:  If you have any other printer that has more than or equal to 10 characters in the printer name, make that as the default printer.

Workaround 2: If you have only one printer:

1. Note down the properties (IP/hostname etc. ) of the printer and delete the printer from your list of printers.

2. Again add the same printer to your printer list. Please make sure you change the printer name to something more than 10 characters while adding it.

Now try printing the PDFs from Acrobat/Reader DC.

We will also confirm on this thread when a fix is available.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When my power goes out for more than 24 hours I get a credit from the electric company. Can we get refunds on our Adobe subscription?

In the meantime, use Preview or Skim to print your PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2016 May 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

To change my printer's name to something longer than 10 characters worked for me.

Thanks for helping!

Lluis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Have there been any advancements on resolving this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We have released a patch today that fixes the Mac Printing issue that was recently introduced (with May 10th release). If you are not already updated to the latest patch, simply open Acrobat and visit Help > Check for updates to apply this patch.

More details about this release and bug fixes is available here: Acrobat Help | Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC | Update

Please give it a try and let us know.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran the AcrobatDCUpd1501620041 patch and it fixed the printing issue on the macs that had the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2016 May 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran the AcrobatDCUpd1501620041 patch and I still have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2016 May 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the patch and my print menu was restored, however, Acrobat Pro

now crashes after a half hour or so of inactivity. Annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kathys53441322​,

Could you please share the crash dump if you run into this again. Please send it to asmittal@adobe.com.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashu,

Thank you for your help!! It works fine now!

Cheers

Anna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks for confirming Anna!

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's fixed it for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines