• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There was a problem reading this document (15).

Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting an error when I try to delete a page in a document:  There was a problem reading this document (15).  Is there a way to actually delete the document without having to re-do the whole thing all over again?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Hi lisag0929,

Sorry for the delay in response.

You may visit this thread: "There was a problem reading this document (15)" , and I couldn't delete one of my pages. it never happened before.  check if that helps.

This is a generic error message and there could be multiple reasons why this is happening.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WORKED FOR ME. THANKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sc00ps! Your answer still works after so many years! All I could find from the Adobe team is unhelpful and condescending replies. You ARE an expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  My office admin was pulling her hair out trying to extract pages from a contract.  So glad I found your solution 5+ years after your post.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat Reader on a Mac and wonder if that might be why I can't get the solution that's working for everybody else to work for me. I can follow sc00ps's path to Navigation Pane, but there is no Tags option after that. Instead, I've been choosing something called Model Tree that looks similar to sc00ps's screenshot but not the same:

Screenshot 2023-02-04 at 15.18.44.png

Does this help identify the problem? All insights welcome.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. (This PDF works fine in Mac Preview.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's work. Great!!! Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Commenting from 2/22/24:

THANK YOU, sc00ps!!!! 

I was taking a "base document" composed of several combined files and making a working copy for myself to edit. I could delete only so many pages before I got the error. This will save me untold hours.
I went to File, Edit, View, and clicked through Show/Hide as you explained to open Tags. Then I simply deleted the very top icon "Tags." Boom. All gone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hardly ever post or respond to threads but I was having a compatibility issue as well and sc00ps has the right answer (at least for me).

Thanks sc00ps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!!  THIS WORKED 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnak You!! this worked!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have struggled with this for years, trying to find "workarounds" for these kinds of issues!  This worked!!!!!  Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found another work around. I extracted all of the pages into a seperate folder then combined the files back into a single pdf and that seemed to fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines