• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This document could not be reader enabled

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat 2017 (17.011.30199) to create pdf fillable forms.  I have always been successful with doing this but am now getting "This document could not be reader enabled" when I do a Save As --> Reader Extended PDF --> Enable More Tools and providing a new filename.

My help desk uninstalled and reinstalled adobe and it worked fine and I saved over a dozen documents.

Then I had to electronically sign a document and had to set up the reason for signature.  After doing that, I got the message again.  I removed the reason for signature but am still getting the message.

I have gone through these posts and tried some of the items with no success.  It has to be a setting somewhere since it worked when acrobat was freshly installed  Note: I do not have Adobe Live Cycle.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also note that others in my organization are not getting the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why want you add the reader extension?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the event someone that has just reader and not professional needs to complete fields on the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader DC can save the filled form without the extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about electronic signatures?  We have always use the reader extended pdf to enable form fill-in, electronic signatures, and save.  If reader DC allows this, why is feature still in Adobe Acrobat 2017 v 17.011.30199?  I just want to be sure that if I create a form with this version of Acrobat, anyone will still be able to fill in the form fields, sign, and save the document. I don't want some high level executive to be yelling at me that the document doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to try when I don't have access to a computer that just has reader on it and I don't know anyone in my office who does.  Other folks in my office who have the same version of Adobe are able to save as reader extended pdf so I still suspect that it is a setting somewhere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader's Extensions are useless now.

Just be sure that end-users uses Acrobat Reader DC (current version) or Adobe Reader XI (released in 2012).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found the issue - A setting under Preferences --> Signatures --> and unchecking Include signatures revocation status.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines