Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All

Have a nice day

Please I have a problem
May be it’s a problem for me
I work in printing press factory

And I need this thumbnail always be on even if this is the first time I open the file 
Can you please help me in this issue

Best Regards

Capture.JPGimage_2020-12-10_13-20-39.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

You can set the document properties initial view to show the Pages Panel when opening the PDF in Acrobat or Reader, but you would need to open the PDF to change this preference (File> Properties> Initial View). Or you can create an Action using the Action Wizard tool that would set the same preference (Tools> Action Wizard> New Action> Document Processing> Set Open Options). Once created and saved, you can apply the action to a PDF or a folder of PDFs, (which would still open and save the PDF),

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

You can pin the Page Thumbnails:

Bild1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set the document properties initial view to show the Pages Panel when opening the PDF in Acrobat or Reader, but you would need to open the PDF to change this preference (File> Properties> Initial View). Or you can create an Action using the Action Wizard tool that would set the same preference (Tools> Action Wizard> New Action> Document Processing> Set Open Options). Once created and saved, you can apply the action to a PDF or a folder of PDFs, (which would still open and save the PDF), but the process would be almost fully automated.

Initial view.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sir

Its not working with me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dar,

What is not working? To set the initial view, which will show the thumbnail panel when the PDF is opened, go to File> Properties> Initial view and select Pages Panel and Page, then save and close the PDF. Note, some PDF viewers will not respect the Acrobat initial view settings. Do you want a step by step instructions about how to use the Action Wizard?

Feel free to reply in your native language, if you prefer, the forum can translate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sir 

How are you doing?

I appreciate your efforts to help me

My system is windows 7

And i have also mac

but this steps are just for pdf file on pc 
i already use network, action wizard work just for the files that found in same computer
Or may be i didn't know how t active action well

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sir

The problem has been solved

Mr. Bernd Alheit 
Did his best

Thank you so much

Best RegardsBild1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can pin the Page Thumbnails:

Bild1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sir

Have anice day

I cant find this action in Adobe DC

Best Regards

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right mouse click on the left column of the window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sir

I realy don't know how to thank you 

Thank you from my heart

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Bernd Alheit

I too need page thumbnails to always open in the navigation panel when I open a pdf.

We just changed to new version and no matter what I do - pin page thumbnails - change initial view in document properties - create and run an set open action set open actions - the document WILL NOT RETAIN opening with thumbnails in navigation panel. 

It opens with bookmarks in navigation panel. 

It is so frustrating. 

Can you help?

Thanks.

Screenshot 2023-02-11 145609.pngScreenshot 2023-02-11 145700.pngScreenshot 2023-02-11 145733.pngScreenshot 2023-02-11 150143.pngScreenshot 2023-02-11 150433.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines