• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Title bar is different than title of my PDF.

Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter how many times I "save as", I still have this showing up in my title bar: "BOISE CASCADE - Adobe Acrobat Standard DC". The title I have the PDF saved as is "Kamyr Dig Headers". Where on earth do I go to fix this? Can't find anything on this in the help pages / searches. Making me crazy.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and changing the title in the Title field before you hit save DOES NOT make a difference either!

Title Bar Fix.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, saving as from the PDF with the wrong title bar name, after changing the name in the Title Field didn't help, BUT going back to my original Word doc and saving that as a PDF while changing the name in the Title Field before hitting save DID fix it. Whew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The correct answer is actually below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The above is a workaround, and probably gets the job done, but I think you're right: the best answer is below, by @springcaleb .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the "Initial View" of the document properties you can specify what will displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Acrobat DC Pro you can go to File > Properties and edit the title there. Doing this will change the what shows in the title bar in Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. Outstanding.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't try the answer identified as the 'Correct Answer' at the top of this thread, but this one worked and seems like it might be easier and more permenant, rather than a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines