• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

To zoom a printed PDF by 10%, must I spend $300?

Explorer ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I have printed Canon (encrypted PDF) camera manuals spiral bound in color for a long time.  Suddenly the font print size is reduced for the EOS R.

Acrobat DC has no option to scale when the booklet option is selected.

My Canon printer can scale a PDF, but cannot center at the same time.  Since the result is not centered, booklet printing doesn't work.

I've tried lots of 3rd party trialware but none can enlarge a booklet at all.  Does all this mean I need to buy full Acrobat to print a manual zoomed in by 10%?

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Problem solved with 3rd party free software (cough..foxit).  They allow margin adjustment and that gives all needed control of printing layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicholas

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to do booklet printing

To print booklets, your printer must support either automatic or manual duplex printing (printing on both sides of the paper). Manual duplex printing requires two separate printing passes: one to print the front side, and another to print the back side. To find out whether your printer supports duplex printing, check the printer manual or contact the printer manufacturer.

For more information about booklet printing please check the help page - https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/ways-print-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for helping but this does not address my question.  I already understand 2-sided printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC is available as a trial version for free for 7 days. After that it will automatically convert into a paid subscription, unless you cancel it in time. You can subscribe on a monthly or yearly basis for a much lower price and stop at any moment (you will need to pay a fine for stopping the yearly subscription ahead of time, though, because it has a reduced price).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this info.  Do you know if Acrobat DC will support both zoom and centering at the same time?  If it does, I'd be happy to pay for a month or two.

I am printing 2-sided booklet front pages first and then back pages.  Since the font is too small, I must zoom.

PRINTER BASED ZOOM

Page zoom is anchored on the right and expands in the left direction.  So the left margin ends up very narrow with the right being original and wide.  So 2-sided does not line up.

ACROBAT BASED ZOOM

Is this built into Acrobat when the document is encrypted?  I need to maintain the wide gap between neighboring pages Acrobat Booklet formating creates, that is between the 2 printing pages per side.

It will need to do 3 things...

1. Maintain the content spacing between 2 halves of a single page side.

2. Allow zoom

3. Maintain centering of zoomed result

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC has the EXACT SAME print options!  Even down to Margins being greyed out.  What is the deal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem solved with 3rd party free software (cough..foxit).  They allow margin adjustment and that gives all needed control of printing layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines