• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toolbar has switched sides from left to right

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The toolbar that has been on the left side of the app for years has suddenly decided to show up on the right.  Clearly this is some illogical, ill-advised, and not well thought out idea.

We need it fixed and returned to the left side of the screen immediately.

It has beyond ruined our work flow.

The phrase goes, "If it's not broken, don't fix it."  So why did you feel the need to break a perfectly working app?

Until you do fix, how do I get back to an older version of this??

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Hi All!

I hope you all are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive & get more out of Acrobat.  

As we made these changes in the interface, we have tried to ensure all tools & features currently supported retain their familiar functionalities and workflows as they did in the previous version. We are committed to addressing any gaps or issues users report related

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screenshot of your Acrobat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest user interface, the Pages pane is on the right.

image.png

It's probably been mentioned about a dozen times how to switch between the previous and new interface. Pick whatever one you want.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this! I have been using Adobe acrobat for years and it was always on the left until this upgrade. What a dumb change! Thanks for posting this answer.

Click on the three lines in the upper left handside of Acrobat Pro.  A menu will be displayed.  Select "Disable New Acrobat."  It will ask you to confirm and will need to restart Acrobat.  When it reopens, your Tools will be back on the right!!!  Good luck!

By @default52xwdlieufe3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If this is on a Mac, you need to go to view and then disable new acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That was the answer. Shame Adobe never mentioned it. Whoever decided to change the whole look of the  interface probably never spent much time using Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bless you. (I don't generally say that, by the way.)
Much thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't stand this newer version.  Lost my page count at the top and all my other tools at top and that stupid quick tools toolbar covers part of my page now if I need to access any other tools because now everything is on the left. Yes, I want mine on the top and the right! I have Adobe Acrobat Pro 2023.001.20177 and just switched to a new Mac computer.  ADOBE, PLEASE ALLOW YOUR TOOLBARS TO BE MOVED!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inadvertently reinstalled the program.  Once I did the toolbar moved to the left and the layout was completely different!   It took me a 30 min of online searching but I finally came across this post.   I selected the "Disable New Acrobat." and it did the trick.  I  prefer the old version, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is a misunderstanding here. There is a Navigation pane where you can find items such as Page Thumbnails, Bookmarks, Attachments, etc. This pane has always been on the left until a few days ago, and is now on the right. You are speaking about the Tools Pane (Toolbar) where you have the Create PDF, Combine Files, Edit PDF, Fill & Sign, Comments, etc. This pane has always been on the right till a few days ago and is now on the left. So the Navigation Pane and the Tools Pane(Toolbar) have switched sides.

The question is, how do you put them back the way they used to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By disabling the new UI. See the (second) correct reply for this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was a stupid move by Adobe.

Make it go away and don't do it again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might've found the answer on a different forum but in case you have not if you click View near the top left-hand corner the 9th option down says Enable New Acrobat, click on that and Adobe will prompt you to restart the application, and should change the tools to the left-hand side.

Abraham29409665gbmq_0-1681486561706.png

Screenshot (1).png

Abraham29409665gbmq_1-1681486638575.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not even an option on my View menu. 😞

I'm over it.

*Shannon Benzing*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you seen following in the past?

true.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do the opposite of this, "disable new acrobat" or whatever.  Where is that option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On OS or mac go to "View" and scroll down to "Disable new Acrobat". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree this was a dumb move.  Adobe is just trying to justify a new paintjob nobody asked for. I have been dealing with the the last two weeks and just came across here to see how to change it.  It is ugly and makes no sense. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If it's not broken, don't fix it." Have you ever watched the movie Office Space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe just did an update and I have the opposite problem. The tools are on the left instead of the right and I use the tools ALL the time on the right. How the heck do I change it back to being on the right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact issue.

I had to rebuild my system and I downloaded the latest version of the application from the Internet and I got this new version and there is no option to revert to the old version. @default52xwdlieufe3 

I am also of the same thought as that of @shabenz4 that this is a nonsensical change and there's no way to move the bookmarks menu to the left where it belongs and has been there since forever.

I need a way to get back to the old version.
I'll be obliged if someone can help.

There is a screenshot attached to my post for reference.

AdodeAcrobatPro_Menus-Location-Changed.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can disable the new UI at the hamburger menu. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That worked.
The new look of Acrobat is annoying.
I would never want to use that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the issue the OP is having is that they think the "new ui" is the old version...the one most of us consider to be the normal look. The screen shots above, are what 99% of Adobe users would consider normal. But for the OP, for whatever reason, its the opposite. They have been using the "new ui" version for a long time apparently, and for some reason it switched back to what we consider the normal version.

So, with that - how would someone who is using the normal version we are all used to, switch back to the "new ui" version? Once you switch to the "old" version, I dont see an option to turn the New UI back on again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines