• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toolbar has switched sides from left to right

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The toolbar that has been on the left side of the app for years has suddenly decided to show up on the right.  Clearly this is some illogical, ill-advised, and not well thought out idea.

We need it fixed and returned to the left side of the screen immediately.

It has beyond ruined our work flow.

The phrase goes, "If it's not broken, don't fix it."  So why did you feel the need to break a perfectly working app?

Until you do fix, how do I get back to an older version of this??

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Hi All!

I hope you all are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive & get more out of Acrobat.  

As we made these changes in the interface, we have tried to ensure all tools & features currently supported retain their familiar functionalities and workflows as they did in the previous version. We are committed to addressing any gaps or issues users report related

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the commenters don't realize that some of us use acrobat to fill in forms where "time is of the essence" to use legal language.  It flipped form me all of a sudden as well in June 2023 and it ruined my customer interactions the whole day.

When you set up a time-critical workflow you expect things to be where they have always been on any given day of the week and not to be unpleasantly surprised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this post!  I inadvertently reinstalled the program.  Once that was completed, the toolbar moved to the left and the layout was completely different!   It took me a 30 min of online searching but I finally came across this post.   I selected the "Disable New Acrobat." and it did the trick.  I definelty prefer the old version - simpler to find and use.  Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would they do this? I have spent the last hour trying to find my page thumbnails panel and I finally got it to appear on the right side with no apparent way to change it?  WHYYYYYYYY?  I don't understand why Adobe would change such an integral and part of the program's interface for no reason whatsoever.  UGH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Mac, there is no "three lines" or "three dots" or anything else mentioned in these "answers".  Instead, go to the "View" menu and select "Disable New Acrobat".  

WTF rearranges an entire application, without notice or some request from the MAJORITY of its users?  Switching sidebars for tools and doc management, and removing markup tools from the top of the page creates thousands of hours of unnecessary productivity loss in the user community.   When will Adobe learn to leave well enough alone?  If you have time to spare, how about fixing Illustrator, so it can take advantage of multi-threading CPUs and GPUs as has been an outstanding request for a decade now?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have teh same frustration. Were you able to move the pane to the left? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind I found the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All!

I hope you all are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive & get more out of Acrobat.  

As we made these changes in the interface, we have tried to ensure all tools & features currently supported retain their familiar functionalities and workflows as they did in the previous version. We are committed to addressing any gaps or issues users report related to any break in current workflows in all our past & upcoming releases. 

If any of your current workflows are not functioning as expected, share them with us on this thread, and we will address them with the highest priority.

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve Acrobat, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your feedback. 

If your critical workflows are impacted, you can switch to the old UI from the "Menu" on the top left corner of Windows and View Menu on MacOS. We will follow up with a detailed community-featured post, guiding you to familiarise yourself with the new interface and regular updates on upcoming changes.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines