• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Total beginner--where do you put a script to run?

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a total beginner, so please excuse the question...

I need to add a page between every other page in a document.  Someone wrote a script for it which I can purchase.  I've been trying to find where to put the script in order to run--I've managed to open the java dashboard but I pasted the script and can't get it to run.

Can someone please explain or point me to a link that has instructions for how to run a script that is already written but needs to be placed in the document somewhere...

Thanks.  Stephen

TOPICS
How to , JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you purchased script, doesn't it come with instructions, or can't you ask the seller about it?

If you use JavaScript console, paste script into it, then select entire script and press ENTER.

You can try creating button field → select 'Prepare form' tool → right click button field and select 'Properties' → go to 'Actions' tab → where it says 'select trigger' select 'Mouse UP' and from 'select action' select 'Run a JavaScript' → click on 'add' and paste your script there, click ok to close window, now exit properties and close 'Prepare form' tool, now when you click on button it should run script. If it doesn't work, share your script with us or even your file if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Start here, from the "JavaScript Events, or How to Enter Scripts" chapter:

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/Free_Videos.cfm#FormJS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines