Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Touchpad scrolling does not work

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2021.005.20060. I am having scrolling issues using the touchpad whenever the document is open using the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC utility. I have enabled "Enable scrolling in single page view" as well as "Fit to Width Scrolling" but still am not able to scroll using the touchpad. Kindly let me know how do I resolve this issue.

Thanks,

mahesh

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Hello Amal,

This issue of touchpad scrolling not working has been fixed after the Windows 10 update to 20H2 (OS build 19042.685).

Thanks very much for your support!

Thanks/Regards,

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Hello Amal,

This issue of touchpad scrolling not working has been fixed after the Windows 10 update to 20H2 (OS build 19042.685). After the update to Windows 10 20H2, am able to scroll through the PDF file opened through Adobe Acrobat DC application.

Thanks/Regards,

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mahesh,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As mentioned, you are having scrolling issues using the touchpad whenever the document is open using the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Also, have enabled "Enable scrolling in single page view" as well as "Fit to Width Scrolling" with no luck.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer first and then try to scroll and see if that helps.

Are you on MAc or Windows machine and what is the version of the OS? Please check for any missing/pending update for computer OS and try updating it.

You may also try to repair the Acrobat installation (Win Only) and reboot the computer once. Go to Help > Repair Installation.

Please try to turn off the protected mode for testing (Win Only) Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable Protected mode at startup' Turn off the protected mode and Uncheck 'Enhanced Security' > Click OK and reboot the computer once.
Note: Please turn on the security after testing to avoid any security risk.

Also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

Greetings! Thank you for the courtesy.

This behaviour is seen with any PDF file.

The PDF files are stored on local hard-drive.

It is a Windows 10 OS. 

I have tried the repair installation and reboot too.

I will have to try the following and see if it works.

I will have to try the protected mode uncheck and reboot. Please note Protected Mode is Turned Off already.

I will have to try to reset the Acrobat preferences and see.

Thanks & Regards,

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

The following suggestion helped. I unchecked "Enable Protected mode at startup" and "Enable Enhanced Security". Closed Acrobat DC and opened it again with a PDF file without rebooting the PC. I am able to scroll using the touch pad.

Please try to turn off the protected mode for testing (Win Only) Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable Protected mode at startup' Turn off the protected mode and Uncheck 'Enhanced Security' > Click OK and reboot the computer once.

Now the question is why is the touchpad disabled under Protected Mode? Is this a known issue? Kindly resolve this and let know.

Thanks & Regards,

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

The following suggestion helped. I unchecked "Enable Protected mode at startup" and "Enable Enhanced Security". Closed Acrobat DC and opened it again with a PDF file without rebooting the PC. I am able to scroll using the touch pad.

Now the question is why is the touchpad disabled under Protected Mode? Is this a known issue? Kindly resolve this and let know.

Thanks & Regards,

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and thank you for trying out the suggestions. As disableing the protected mode worked for you. For more information please check the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/protected-mode-troubleshooting-reader.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

Greetings!

The link shared by you with respect to protected mode troubleshooting does not have any information about the touchpad issue. Can you help me on how do I resolve this touchpad issue so that I may not disable protected mode?

Thanks & Regards,

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mahesh, just to mention you can't get to preferences through edit anymore you have to press control and K. But as you say it is then under "Security (enhanced)".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

Greetings!

Kindly let know the issue of touchpad scrolling has not been resolved yet with protected mode enabled. The protected mode troubleshooting link does not even talk about touchpad scrolling issue fix. Kindly provide with a permanent solution so that the touchpad scroll works even in protected mode.

Thanks & Regards,

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mahesh

Sorry to keep you waiting. Please check for any missing/pending updates for Win 10 OS and reboot the computer once. Also check if you have any antivirus software installed on your system that is conflicting and crreating the issue. 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

This issue of touchpad scrolling not working has been fixed after the Windows 10 update to 20H2 (OS build 19042.685). After the update to Windows 10 20H2, am able to scroll through the PDF file opened through Adobe Acrobat DC application.

Thanks/Regards,

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

This issue of touchpad scrolling not working has been fixed after the Windows 10 update to 20H2 (OS build 19042.685).

Thanks/Regards,

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal - I just found a solution for this issue. I was also frustrated and the above does not give a solution. Please use this link to solve the issue: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/disable-touch-mode-in-acrobat.html

Edit > Preferences > General > Touch Mode: Change to "Always". 

Best, 

AVANTI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This method fixed the issue on my Windows PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines