• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Track click/click through in Adobe Acrobat PDFs

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I create loads of PDF's, both interactive and non–interactive, I would like to find out if there is a way to track clicks on the PDF to social media links (YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter/X, Instagram, TikTok, etc.). 

We would like to be able to track these links for data capture. Is there a way to do this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Terrance.Close try posting your query on the Acrobat forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to track clicks in Acrobat. But if you set up the links through some sort of link shortening service, like bitly, they can rediret to your social links. Bitly can track links I believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can track links within the PDF file itself, but it's not very reliable (the user will have to save the file for the counter to update), plus it will be tricky to get that information back to you later on... Much easier to do it on a web-server, by pointing the link to an intermediary website that keeps track of the times it was opened, and then redirects the user automatically to the actual destination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines