• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble creating a profile with fixups for multiple page sizes

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to creating profiles. I'm trying to create one with custom fixups that apply to certain page sizes, e.g., scale 22x34 by 50%, scale 24x36 by 46% and add 1/2 inch to the long edge, rotate landscape 8.5x11, rotate portrait 11x17, plus numerous others, all based on page size. (A single document could contain up to eight page sizes.)

So far, my new profile has one fixup in it -- scale 22x34 by 50% -- but I get an error when I try to add the 24x36 fixup; it says I need to "use variables to dynamically select only one of these configured Fixups during run-time." My assumption, therefore, is that I can only have one fixup in a profile that's based on Page.

The profile is for nontechnical users, who'll run it via an action -- I can't have them adding page sizes and scaling percentages for the numerous sheet sizes they may encounter. (Our high-end producton printer is way more than we need, and has an inflexible driver, compared to office printers our staff are used to.)

1. What is best practice for handling multiple fixups that are of the type Page in the same profile?
  2. I don't know JavaScript -- do I need it here? If so, is there common code to loop through a single page-scaling fixup, passing page size and scaling arguments for each size to the fixup?
  3. Or do I need to create a profile for each fixup that involves a Page, then run them all one at a time via an action?
  4. Or have I simply missed something in the online documentation I've looked through?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to , JavaScript , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?