Trouble flattening a document

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to flatten a document. I am clicking on Print Production, and then Flattener Preview. The flattener Preview box opens up. I check to flatten all pages. Then an error box pops up that says "Flattening was not completed. The file was not changed."  I have done this many times before and never gotten this error. I have restarted the computer and made sure my version is updated- I have adobe cloud acrobat Pro DC. Can you help please?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find an answer to this? Mine has just started doing this today. I've tried tweaking some settings to see if any of them is causing the problem but cannot figure it out.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It helps if the question is posted to the right forum... This is not about Adobe Reader, but about Adobe Acrobat.

Also, it will help to know more details, such as the exact version of the application and OS, does it happen with all files or just some, etc.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@try67 wrote:

It helps if the question is posted to the right forum... This is not about Adobe Reader, but about Adobe Acrobat.

I've moved this post from Acrobat Reader to Acrobat.

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening with just one PDF in particular or every PDF ?

It is possible that the PDF may have security restrictions, or maybe restricted font types, for example.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@tech_crazy_teacher wrote:

I am trying to flatten a document. I am clicking on Print Production, and then Flattener Preview.

Can you save to Acrobat 4? Acrobat 4 was the last version that did not support transparency.

I have to ask, though, why do you need to flattened transparency?

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines