• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble printing certain PDF files

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work as a loan closer for real estate transactions and regularly print large PDF files for various real estate transactions. The PDF files I receive are sent to me by my clients whether it be the title company or a third-party processor. Files are always sent to me in PDF format and I typically do not have any issues printing a PDF file. Normally I can print a 150 page document in about 3 minutes. There are however a couple title companies that I do work with that I regularly have printing issues with. With these particular title companies instead of printing 50 pages a minute I will print two or three pages a minute at most. This means that for a 150-page document I am spending over an hour printing this package and I am almost always required to print two copies of the package, one to be signed and the other copy to be left with the borrower. I have Adobe Acrobat Pro and Adobe Acrobat DC Reader and have the same issues regardless which product I use. I know this is an issue that other loan closers deal with, but so far I have not found anyone that has found a solution togetting the document packages to print at a normal speed of 40- 50 pages per minute. Can someone please tell me why PDF files from one Title Company will print fast and without any problems while another PDF file from a different Title Company that looks similar in size will print so painfully slow? I am not sure that it matters, but my computer is a Dell XPS and an Alienware - my printers are a Dell b3460dn,  an HP LaserJet PRO 400, and a Brother 6200 - all with latest drivers.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The difference between the printing speeds is most likely due to the difference in the content of the PDF files. Without samples to examine, we cannot pin it down specifically, but in general, files with very complex CAD content (such as home blueprints / layouts) might be internally overly complex (i.e., to the eye they don't seem complex, but internally, whatever generates the diagrams doesn't efficiently product minimal output necessary to display and/or print the content). Such complexity may include gazillion tiny line segments combined with transparency that needs to be flattened when printed.

Again, if you would be able to provide a sample of an “offending” PDF file, we could better pin down the problem.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dov,

Our users are having a similar problem with PDF's that are created from CAD.  Some print incredibly fast while others are taking over an hour.  The size of the files is similar.  How do I get you a sample file?

Thanks,

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Problem is Adobe. Theyadmitted to me they have a big problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the workaround I mentioned earlier works, I print a package in 10 minutes! And we're talking 150 to 200 pages when it doesn't work it takes over an hour well over an hour! Get it  together Adobe and fix this

again the bug number is 

ADC-43108350

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the bug number I have for this issue, it has nothing to do with the speed! 

ADC-43108350

It is a nightmare for mortgage closers!  If I could find another program to print my 150 page documents I would dump this in a heartbeat! I use a lot of Adobe products this problem is a huge joke\nightmare! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem on and off for 2 years! (FYI I only print the critical documents that the borrower needs) I actually have a bug number from Adobe, it is:  ADC-43108350

I was able to get escalated to higher management, this is been a nightmare, the workaround (which when it works it works great)  is you have to click organize pages, select all, rotate all the documents 180°, then print . It is a pain in the but as sometimes that doesn't even work! I have 2 brother laser printers & Have the same problem with both of them. It is not the printer it is Adobe! It is 2020 and they cannot figure this out! Sometimes I just have to delete the printer go back to Brother support page download the script 3 printer driver again and again! It's a nightmare. I have a Mac and this is been going on since before Mojave! Would  Love some real answers and solutions. Rachelle 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What will happen if you will rotate the document 180° twice, i.e. rotate it 360°? If it is printed good the problem is in Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RachelleSher 

FWIW, there is no such Adobe bug with the number ADC-43108350.  (There is a bug ADC-4310835 but that has nothing to do with the symptoms you describe, other print issues, but not what you describe at all!) And the symptoms you are describing have nothing to do whatsoever with the issues described earlier (i.e., 6 months ago) in this thread.

In the original case, the issue was one with exceptionally complex PDF files, especially from CAD programs.

Clearly, there is no good reason that you should have to rotate pages 180° to print. That's crazy. But without a sample PDF file, there is nothing I can do to reproduce and actually validate the problem. You can contactly me via private message in this community.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot print a 1 page document that was scanned on my HP printer and saved as a PDF.  It takes 10 minutes for one page.  All my drivers are up to date.  Help!

Ty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC and the OS you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20169 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only).

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights and try using the application there and check.

Also please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-pdf-printing-acrobat-reader.html and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines