Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with making Chinese font embedded and selectable

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I have a Word file in which there is Latin script (Georgia) and Chinese script (Adobe Fangsong Std R). When I convert to pdf using Word, although I can see the Chinese text as well, but it has two problems.

1) It is not as crisp as the Latin text. When I zoom in 6400%, the Latin script is still beautiful, but the Chinese text already degrades to pixellation at much lower percentages. This is causing problems when printing I heard.

2) The Chinese text is not selectable, only the graphical blocks of it (like full lines), and it is copied as a graphics.

I wonder how this problem could be solved. I tried to setting on and off the embedding of the font as per the suggestion of Mr. Dov Isaacs. I also tried installing the font, although I guess I'm supposed to have it as Word has it.

Can you please help me in this issue? I have attached some sample files for information and to highlight the problem.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you convert using Word - what did you click or choose? What version of Acrobat Pro do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked File/Save As, then at the select folder screen clicked "Tools" next to the "Save" button, went to "Saving Options" and then saved both with the "Embed fonts in the file" tickmark checked and unchecked.

After that I saved as a pdf with the ISO 19005 PDF A checkmark ticked, under it the bitmap texts when fonts might not be embedded option ticked too.

However, I believe the fonts should be embedded, but they are not. I tried with both embedding and not embedding but the result is the same. The Adobe I have is Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Continous Release 2020.006.20042.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You aren’t using any Adobe tech to make the PDF. It sounds as if Microsoft are converting fonts to a picture. Acrobat Pro MIGHT do a better job, especially in Windows. This is not free. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines