I have some problems with one of my laptops.
When i open PDF file with digital sign I see that : https://i.imgur.com/4DJci9H.png
I already know that should mean that Acrobat sign database is not updated. So I go to Trust manager and click this buttons: https://i.imgur.com/Lf0XwYp.png.
But nothing is happening. On rest of my laptops (where digital sign is verified automatically), when I click on "Update now" (in polish "uaktualij teraz") I get information about update completion...
But On this laptop - nothing ... https://i.imgur.com/rEZQ2ru.gifv
I already try :
reinstall Acrobat DC,
turn of firewall and antivirus
change internet access point
Any Ideas ?
As per the issue description mentioned above, you are facing issue with trust manager in Acrobat, is that correct?
Try removing Acrobat DC using cleaner tool found here: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs , restart the computer and then reinstall Acrobat DC from here - Download and install Acrobat DC subscription , reboot the machine once again and try again.
Let us know if you need any help.
I have the exact same issue as w1t3c but none of the proposed solutions work for me.
- Issue present on 2 computers (possibly more) I have tried the proposed solution on both device but it didn't help.
- Both run Windows 10 64-bit, other devices of the same type and connected to the same network don't have this issue.
- On one computer the issue is present both in Acrobat Reader DC and Acrobat Pro DC.
- I have contacted Adobe Tech Support but they didn't know how to help me. (I can provide case number via DM, but I have written all necessary info here)
Thank you in advance for any ideas how to solve this issue.
Hello, Unfortunatly after following Your instructions nothing changed. I also tried to install Reader via Adobe Creative Cloud - also nothing changed.
Could you try launching Acrobat as an administrator using the steps given in the following help document and try updating the list again, Does that work?
If not, try replicating the issue in a new user account by clicking Start button > control panel > add or remove user accounts > create a new account. Login into that account, launch Reader and check.
Let us know how it goes.
Not the person you were contacting, but if it helps I tried your advice:
- the "run as administrator" advice didn't work, still not updating
- the latter advice worked, other accounts (new admin, new user, hidden Administrator) all update properly both AATL and EUTL
However, I would still be interested in correctly updating the old account.
It take a while, but still no changes, except that after removing read-only flag from listed folders - reader launching time increased significantly...
You can not imagine what the problem is!!! I had the same problem and managed to identify and replicate it in every test. The problem is .... your username!!! Oh yes!!! Your username. I am from Greece and someone had created some usernames in Greek. These accounts do not update the trusted certificates in Adobe Reader DC.
I replicated the issue in ultra clean VMs and every time had the same issue. Any other user in English on the same computer works fine!
I could not find any solution though for the Greek named user...
Thanks Nasosst, it seems I have trhe same issue. My username in Windows has a - in it.
When I try to update the trust store, nothing happens.
Hi. Unfortunately, this is not your case. I set up an account with the username Nasos-St and it worked fine. So, it is not the "-" symbol that causes the problem. Maybe another strange character?
Have a look at c:\users\xxxx to see how the user was set up. This might be different than how your name appears in Windows.
I have the same problem! I've been looking for where the problem is for a long time.
I did some tests and it turned out that the file name [USERNAME] C: / User / [USERNAME] if it contains a letter from the Polish dictionary, e.g. Ł, Ż, etc.
This makes it impossible to update the AATL and EUTL lists.
As a result, the electronic signature on the file cannot be verified.
@Adorobat Adobe help please how to solve the problem. The names of user folders are created automatically when a user logs in from Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
PS @nasosst thanks for the tip with usernames