• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to add an action to a button to open the pencil/draw tool in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a PDF form in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (Version 2021.005.20060) that will be sent to older folks who are not very technolocially savvy. I would like to add a button that says "click here" that will automatically open up the pencil tool when they click it, so they will be able to sign their names on the form (in other places on the form, I need them to type their responses and I have all the boxes filled out for that and it is working correctly) I want it to be extremely easy, so I am not reciveing calls and then having to talk through how to find the pencil tool or configuring a signature over the phone. I am simply wanting them to be able to draw on the PDF to sign their name, and then continue filling out the rest of the form with a keyboard.

This YouTube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBqm-Ruz8Wo&ab_channel=PDFEditing) from 2017 shows exactly what I want to do, however when I go to add the menu item (as shown at 0:50), I do not have the "Tools>Comment & Markup>Pencil Tool" menu item.

So is there another way to do this same/similar thing? 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add instructions telling the user which tool to select.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no way to create a box that doesn't allow you to type in it but only draw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not aware of such an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a point to reflect on: have you already insructed them in how to get and install Acrobat Reader, how to download PDF files, how to be sure they are opened in Reader rather than another viewer or Edge, what instructions to give Mac users or those with phones or tablets...? I would be much more conrned about that than finding a tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines