• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to create a template to make an add a blank page button but option is greyed out

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anybody help? Having enough trouble with the various button scripts, but I have not created a template that is apparently necessary. Trying to create a template to make an add a blank page button but option is greyed out in organize pages.

1st, how do I create the template? How do I get the option available to begin with?

2nd could someone clarify the proper simple code to add to the button to make this work? I do not foresee the user needing to add more than one extra blank form page.

Thanks. This is indeed frustrating.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Select 'Organize Pages' tool.

2. On toolbar click on 'Insert' and select 'Blank Page', If page is not selected click on that new blank page to select it.

3. On toolbar click on 'More' and select 'Page Templates', when window popup, give template a name (for this example I'll call it 'blank') then click on 'Add' and uncheck little checkbox next to template name, so it becomes hidden.

4. In a button as Mouse UP event, use this script to spawn template:

this.getTemplate("blank").spawn(this.numPages, false, false);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a start, but how do I reproduce the first page form elements, but as empty fields, now that I have a blank second page?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If form fields have the same name they WILL have the same value, on any page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to duplicate first page but with different field names, create template from first page (duplicate page in 'Organize Pages' tool by holding CTRL and dragging first page) then change first false to true:

this.getTemplate("blank").spawn(this.numPages, true, false);

Now fields on second page will have different name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm. New page is created with appended (new field names), but the data is still copied over. Granted there are two fields I desire to actually copy over, but the rest need to be blank fields and the calculations need to be continued so the totals are correct on the bottom of page two, if that's even possible and not too confusing for the person receiving the final copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can just create page you want first  and then make it into template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Want you create a template page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines