• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to edit a menu using illustrator

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to edit text on a menu using acrobat or illustrator on a Mac. Not sure which is better to use. On illustrator, when I click the "T" for text, and click on a word in the pdf, it pastes "Lorem Ipsum". How can I use one of these (acrobat or illustrator) to edit text in a pdf? 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither is much good, PDF files are a diffucult choice for editing. You should edit the original and re-make the PDF. If the original is lost, re-make it in Illustrator, and KEEP the original for editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Recreating the menu in InDesign would be my choice. The method you use to edit your pdf depends on how many edits you need to make, a few small edits could possibly be done in Acrobat, more extensive edits could be done in Illustrator, however, Illustrator is not a universal pdf editor and some parts of the pdf could break.

Another option would be to place your pdf into InDesign or Illustrator and re-set only the sections that change, then exporting to a new pdf. You can determine the existing font, font size and color using the Acrobat Output preview tool.  Check your Illustrator preferences to turn off the place holder text (Lorem Ipsum).

output preview font.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines