• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to embed video in PDF and only Soundwaves are showing

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to Embed a video in a PDF using Acrobat Pro DC, and once placed on the page, it never shows the video, all it is showing is soundwaves and only the sound plays, not the actual video. The video is .mp4.

samw24933130_0-1607488194345.png

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Hi Everyone,

I think this might work:

In Acrobat, go to:

Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)

Uncheck “Enable Protected Mode at startup (Preview)”

Close out of Acrobat, reopen your file, and then it should work. However, this could be a lot of work for someone and they might get frustrated. It would be great if we could be a "trusted source."

Hope this helps,

Kristen

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Until Adobe finds a way to play a video reliably and with the playback control bar in a PDF file, the best thing to do is to place it as an attachment and use a button (for example) to trigger the opening of the attachment in the default video player.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

@Amal. the same answer has been given several times. This should be easy to replicate.  - insert mp4 video file - save - play media file -  see soundwaves -  try disabling security workaround -  this seems to yield two possible outcomes. Either it works or player crashes when we attempt playback. Even if this workaround is effective (and it seems it only works part of the time) it is no good, as we cannot expect to send our merticously created PDF to a customer with instructions to disable secur

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is 2024 and Adobe still hasn't resolved this issue. I'm having the same problem, and when I disable security as recommended, the file just closes when I click play. The feature worked fine years ago...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. I have tried to reproduce the issue on my end and its working as expected.

Is this an issue with a particular video file that you are trying to embed? Please try with a different video file and see if that works.

If you are exporting the video from the different application, please check the export settings as well and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines