• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to fill out and then email a secured document but I don't own a printer

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm trying to fill in and print a document for my health insurance. The form is a protected document that will only open in Adobe Acrobat Reader and won't let you save any changes. I need to send the document to my physician and understand that it's protected so I won't be able to  just email/fax the PDF online (though this would be ideal).

The next thing I've tried to do is print the form so I can just fill it in manually, then scan it, and send to my doctor. HOWEVER, I don't own a printer. There's a store near me that will print but I need to email the document to them for them to print it. Every time I try to get a copy of the blank document by clicking 'Print blank form' I get this error " Before you can perform print-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document, you need to install a printer."

So now I'm stuck and I can't fill in the document digitally and I can't print the document unless I drop $100 on a printer that I'll use maybe 2 times a year. Any advice on how I can get around this?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Adobe Acrobat does you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the most recent version I believe, just installed it a few days ago. Version 2021.001.20115

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you save the filled form in Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it's protected it doesn't allow me to save a filled form. The save button is disabled

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use File > Save As...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file with us (without any of the details you filled into it, of course)?

If there's truly no way to save it and it has to be printed I would go to a cyber-café and do it there, unless the data in it is really sensitive and you don't want anyone to be able to see it. You should also complain to your health insurance provider for making it so difficult to submit forms. They really need to get into the 21st century and allow the forms to be submitted digitally, or at least make them savable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What OS? Sometimes a virtual printer is the solution!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines