• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

two-page preference isn't working when PDF is opened

New Here ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened my PDF in Acrobat, went to properties, and set it to "two-page (cover up)", and then saved. Then I opened the PDF in Preview (MacOS), but it still shows it as one page throughout the document.

I need it to open as a cover followed by two-page spreads (it’s a book) so that I can share the PDF with customers.

If I switch it to two-page view in Preview it looks right. If I save and reopen it looks right. But if I then share it without another user it reverts back to single pages.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview (aka "the PDF killer") is not a PDF reader, it's a previewer for many files formats.

It only partially supports PDF version 1.4, which dates back to 1999, and it does not support the opening settings, JavaScript and most of the features that make the PDF format interesting.

When you preview a PSD or DOCX file with Preview you don't expect to find all the features of Photoshop or Word, the same goes for PDF and Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Very helpful. Also, unfortunate, since I imagine it's commonly used these days.

In that case, it sounds like I did everything correctly in Acrobat — in terms of the preferences I set — is that right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you set the initial view settings (File> Properties> Initial view), you have done all you can do. This will work in Acrobat & Reader when the user's Acrobat page display preference is set to the default "Automatic". There are three Acrobat user preferences that will override the pdf initial view settings;

Using a setting other than Automatic. (Page Display)

Accessibility settings. (Accessibility)

Restore last view settings when opening. (Documents)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines