• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tying to update and XMP and getting "Can't fit into specified packet size" error. Any work around?

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all I am using the XMP Toolkit SDK to try to attach an XMP file to a pdf. I am getting an error "Can't fit into specified packet size". Doing some googling and it seems there are problems with adding an XMP file to a pdf that is larger than the XMP already attached to the pdf?

Is there a work around for this? It is possible to attach an XMP of any size through the UI so I assume there is a programatic way to do this as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "try to attach an XMP file to a pdf" do you mean trying to append additional XML properties and information to the current metadata of the PDF that you're editing from another XMP file that you've created?

See if the link below is useful in determining if a step or procedure was missed:

Specifically the part about how to import metadata from a template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the response.

When I say "try to attach an XMP file to a pdf" I mean using the XMP Toolkit SDK to update a pdf's metadata with an arbitrly sized xmp file. The toolkit provides a sample project named ModifyingXMP. If I use a target pdf with a metadata size of 4kb then "myFile.CanPutXMP(4kb_meta)" returns true. If I try to use some metadata with the size 9kb the call "myFile.CanPutXMP(9kb_meta)" returns false and attempting to call "myFile.PutXMP(9kb_meta)" will result in an exception being throw.  The exception message is "Can't fit into specified packet size". 

Manually replacing or appending the 9kb_meta.xmp file through the Adobe UI works just fine, but I can not get the same opperations to work programatically. Any ideas?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines