• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to center document for printing through Acrobat

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to print my pdf file (size 8.5x22) onto the page size that i have created (10x24), as soon as I select "Actual Size", the document moves to the upper left of the page, clipping the document at the top and left hand side.  How do I print actual size, while centering the document on the page?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have "Portrait" or "Landscape" specified?  Using either of those in the files I tested moves the "Actual Size" to the upper-left corner, whereas selecting "Auto Portrait/Landscape" centers it.  I can't find an option elsewhere to do it (it feels like it should exist).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I wish I had known this sooner. But seriously Adobe, How hard would it be to allow us to drag that box to our desired print area?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this change the scale at all? I have to print to exact scales but want my document to create the PDF on ANSI Drint full size to my plotter on ARCH D which is 24"x36" but still to scale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I struggled with this problem also.  If is a docx file that you are saving as a pdf, instead of selecting "save as pdf" select "other formats" then select pdf in the "save as type" box and click save.  It will then be saved in the correct format.  Not sure why this worked but it worked for me.  Hope this helps someone else out there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using "Poster" with Tile Scale at 100% works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me! Thank you! Unfortunately however just another BS workaround for something basic and intuitive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correction, "Something that should be basic and intuitive." Like allowing people to edit comments after they post poorly proofread comments like I do. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the only option I'm seeing as well.   There is no centering option when you see the preview mash it up against top left corner with no margin and it crops the top or side of your print off.    The poster option which appears to be more a setup for printing tiled posters on a larger sheet, will work if printing one item smaller then your paper size. 

Once upon a time you could choose center, top left, whatever.  Once upon a time there was auto landscape/portrait.  All these things are gone or changed over time when the wrong people end up changing things based on their limited experience in printing.  

Yes, there are many reasons printers in offices need to be able to handle a job centered on a letter sheet.  Anyone claiming the file needs to be created at only standard sizes such as letter or tabloid has never spent enough time working in any real office setting of any real business.

My best example is getting a client document that is 80 letter sheets long and smack dab in the middle is one 8x10 map image.  An errored print for every Friday afternoon guaranteed.  Acrobat loves to confuse printers with that one.  Where simple common sense options like 100% actual size and Centered would solve it.  But apparently that's impossible to program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines