Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to click on "Sign Digitally" PDFs on Acrobat Reader

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I can sign a PDF document normally, but when I received a document signed using this tool: https://www.gov.br/governodigital/pt-br/assinatura-eletronica

I could not sign the document anymore, I go to "Tools" -> "Certificates", and the field "Sign Digitally" is greyed out (unable to click on it).

I already imported the root which generates the signatures using the tool above, I clicked on "Validate All Signatures" and unchecked the field which verifies if any signature uses expired authorities of certification. But the problem persists.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file that is already signed by the above mentioned tool? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

What is the workflow/steps you are doing to sign the PDF file? Please try to download the file to your computer locally and then try again and check.

Also make sure that the Acrobat Reader DC is updated to the recent version 22.1.20117 (Win), 20112 (Mac) Go to help . Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use an A3 token with a digital certificate, I go to "Tools"->"Certificates" -> "Sign Digitally", then the cursor is ready to select the space for the signature. It always works, except:

When the PDF is already signed by the tool mentioned above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share an example document signed by that tool for analysis?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines