• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to combine large # of PDFs to single PDF after an update.

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Acrobat DC Standard. Version 22.001.20169.

Previously, I was able to use the 'Combine' function to create single PDF's from a very large amount of seperate smaller files (up to and including ~2000+ pdfs).

Following an update that auto installed yesterday, I'm now no longer able to combine more than a few hundred files at a time, or else I start getting strange errors claiming the file 'cannot open'. Even though I've verified that the PDF's I'm attempting to combine open just fine on their own.

Anyone know what gives...? Greatly appreciate any and all help/suggestions!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tangental,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry about the trouble caused.

Please try once to repair the installation and reboot the machine. Go to Help menu > Repair Installation.

If the issue persists, share the screenshot of your error message.

Did you check if the issue occurs with the PDFs from a particular folder or location?

Are these files saved locally on the machine?

Share the OS version on the machine.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there Meenakshi,

Major apologies for being so slow to respond back! Unfortunately the problem I was experiencing with Acrobat DC has now kind of evolved a bit. Now the program simply crashes, moments after I attempt to open any size file whatsoever. Or even upon opening the base program itself.

I can see Acrobat flicker to life for a brief moment in Task Manager, just before it crashes and vanishes, and was able to grab a dump file before it dissapeared off of my active apps. It seems like the file type cannot be uploaded here (.dmp filetype) but, I'd be glad to pass it along via email if that would be of any help!

This crashing occurs both with files stored locally, and on shared network drives. 

I'm currently on Windows 10 Pro, with a Acrobat DC Version of 22.001.20169.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines