• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to default to "Print on both sides of paper" in Acrobat Pro 2020 on a Mac

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Recently purchased Acrobat Pro but have had troubles printing double sided by default. I followed the instructions using CUPS to set default options to Long Edge Double Sided but Acrobat won't default the button on Two-sided for me even after setting the Default Options using CUPS. 

Anyone know a way around this?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JWNew

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, you are unable to default to "Print on both sides of paper" in Acrobat Pro 2020 on a Mac. 

Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat let you print double-sided if your printer supports that feature. The printer driver controls the options, not Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader. Check your printer documentation to see what features your printer supports. Please check the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/print-double-sided-acrobat-reader.html

Also, please check the correct answer marked in the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/in-acrobat-pro-dc-i-do-not-have-the-option-for-duplex-printin...

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amal,

Thanks for the reply. My printer did indeed have double-sided printing, and I have been auto-duplexing for years using Preview until I switched to Adobe Acrobat Pro. I also do have the option for double sided but it is not pre-selected or defaulted. 

So the issue remains unresolved, even after trying the CUPS advice; the above two links are not what I am looking for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines