• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to export marked comments or to delete comments

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have received a pdf-file of a book inset in return from my proof reader with almost 1,000 comments in it. I have gone through them and have marked 40 of them which I need the author to have a look at. I would like to delete the 960 comments that I have already handled, save a new version of the PDF with just the 40 remaining comments and send that off to the author. 

I am unable to do that.

For some reason the choice of deleting comments is greyed out. This applies to both single comments and if I mark several of them in a row.

Then I thought I would try to export the marked comments, which there is a function for, but this exports a file with ALL comments. 

Why is this so difficult to achieve? I cannot be the only one with this issue.

I am running version (build) 24.2.20759.0 of Acrobat Pro on a Mac Studio with Ventura 13.6.7

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer locally and then try again.

Please update the application to the recent version 24.02.20857. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

You may also  try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here (https://adobe.ly/4clxYYU) and see if that works.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you do perform other types of edits on the comments, such as move them? If not, then they are probably locked.

Mark them as unlocked and then you'll be able to remove them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines