• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to fill out fillable form on New Samsung Tablet

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to fill out fillable form on New Samsung Tablet. OS system is Android 7.0 Nougat powered by google. When I open Adobe fillable form on tablet, it allows me to set a cursor down anywhere on the document to annotate, instead of just inputting in textboxes, dropdowns, etc. I was informed it may function if it is an HTML.

Would HTML be the solution?

Would a different tablet be the solution?

Is having the Adobe fillable form in HTML format be possible?

Bottom line, I need to have fillable and submittable forms on tablets that can function on and offline, be saved and sent. This tablet is not allowing input areas to fill. To fix this.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

You misunderstood. It's not that Adobe stopped making anything, it's just that there are other viewers out there (most of them either embedded in browsers or on mobile devices) that take a share of the PDF-viewing pie, as it were, and many of them offer very poor support for PDF forms and/or scripts.

I don't think that PDF forms are dead, though. It's just that there's currently a gap in the market where there's no single application that offers 100% support for these features on mobile platforms

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Don't think "device", think "app" instead: be sure to use Acrobat Reader Mobile for Android and not the default PDF viewer.

All PDF viewers are not equal…

==> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adobe.reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No this is not helpful.  The Adobe Reader Mobile for Android "App" downloaded from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adobe.reader​ did not function properly on the Samsung table using the operating system Nougat. The Adobe Reader for Android did not recognize form fields, and after clicking the "<--" "-->" direction arrows, the "app" froze. This happened on 2 different versions of samsung tablets.

The fillable form functioned perfectly on macbook, windows 10 desktop, iphone, and google phone.

The fillable form functioned perfectly with using adobe acrobat reader, but it also worked with other lesser apps on all devices except the samsung tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF forms are, in my opinion (not shared by everyone) in their dying days. Because Adobe no longer make the software that most people use to view PDFs, and a lot of this software doesn't bother with forms or breaks them. Yes, use an HTML form. You need to start again, have a web server to receive replies (DO NOT ATTEMPT TO EMAIL!!!) and lose the idea of local saving: this is an online only solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I had no idea adobe no longer makes the software needed. That does confuse a bit since they promote adobe acrobat to create fillable forms.

Regardless,  this is the first straight answer and clear solution I’ve received.  I’ll ditch pdf for forms. And crash course in HtmL.

One more for question for you, what is your opinion of setting up an excel spreadsheet as a form by restricting users to just just Fillable cells?

The purpose of the form I need is for a staff of 5 to report inspections remotely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You misunderstood. It's not that Adobe stopped making anything, it's just that there are other viewers out there (most of them either embedded in browsers or on mobile devices) that take a share of the PDF-viewing pie, as it were, and many of them offer very poor support for PDF forms and/or scripts.

I don't think that PDF forms are dead, though. It's just that there's currently a gap in the market where there's no single application that offers 100% support for these features on mobile platforms, and there's a slew of sub-par browser plugins that have pushed Adobe software out. This can change quite rapidly, though, if Adobe finally get a move on and improved their mobile version of Reader (or Acrobat, or Acrobat Reader, or whatever they are calling it now).

If they don't, someone else will and will overtake them in this important marketplace. And the more people complain about the browser plugins the more motivation their developers will have to improve them. Both of these things are already happening, to some extent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I am trying to create a form for the same purpose. What did you end up doing? The excel sheet sounded like a good idea but it is possible my guys won't have access to the net sometimes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines