• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to install free Reader in addition to DC

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I subscribe to Adobe Acrobat DC, but want also to install the free Reader app for testing documents that users without DC can use. Whenever I attempt to install Reader, however, I receive the message that Adobe Acrobat DC already is installed and the installation process aborts.

I cannot log out of DC to use the free version because that closes the application altogether.

Anyone know of a way around this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addendum: A prior post on this topic indicates that the installation issue has to do with both versions using the same 64-bit pathway, but the 32-bit version appears no longer to be available (and perhaps will not work with Windows 11?).  I am hoping another workaround is possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have the same issue. I paid for a subscription to Adobe Acrobat DC Pro. I tried to download Reader for Windows 10, a file was downloaded and when I clicked on it a window opened that said "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: Equivalent product already instealled" with a red cross and a ticked box saying "Launch Acrobat Reader DC". Need to submit a filing to a government website and the government system requires me to export from PDF to xfdf and that function is not supported on Acrobat Reader DC Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines